Bloggers Quilt Festival: My Favorite Quilt

I’m posting this as part of ParkCityGirl’s Festival of Quilts… I made this quilt for my (now 3 year old) son, Mr. L. It took a long time (a difficult pregnancy sidetracked me for months), and he hasn’t quite fallen in love with it like I have, but it makes me happy whenever I see it! There’s nothing better than that!2009 10 08%2B034 Bloggers Quilt Festival: My Favorite Quilt(Front!) I loved the pattern (Denyse Schmidt’s Hop, Skip and a Jump) as well as the fabric (most of it Jackie Shapiro’s Sweetpea line).
2009 10 08%2B035 Bloggers Quilt Festival: My Favorite QuiltThis is the back. I think I like the back better (shhh)! Perhaps this is why it took me so long to finish his quilt. icon smile Bloggers Quilt Festival: My Favorite Quilt 2009 10 08%2B036 Bloggers Quilt Festival: My Favorite QuiltIts my first stippled quilt, and it took HOURS! My hand went numb, but I like the finished result. I have not stippled quite so close together on subsequent quilts…
This entry was posted in Favorite Things, Quilts, Sewing + Friends. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted October 9, 2009 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

What a lovingly pieced, quilted and gifted quilt! I love the greens and someday, he will know what a treasure it is and love it because YOU made it!

2. Posted October 9, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

So cute, I really liked the stacked coins look of it!

3. Posted October 9, 2009 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

Great quilt!

4. Posted October 9, 2009 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

It is beautiful!

5. Posted October 9, 2009 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

Wow! It’s reversible! I love it!

6. Posted October 9, 2009 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

Love the colors for a baby boy. I just finished making a baby quilt and as my daughter said when she saw it ” You were right it REALLY is quilted tightly.” Yours is quilted about the same level. The nice thing about that is you can wash it alot and the seams are probably safe.

7. Posted October 10, 2009 at 11:09 am | Permalink

This is fantastic!!

margaret

8. Posted October 10, 2009 at 11:21 am | Permalink

That will be a treasure for your son as he grows up. I like the back the best, too!

9. Posted October 10, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

You basically made two different quilts! And, used one as a back – and they both are lovely! That really was a lot of work – but, it really is worth it…

Beautiful!!!

10. Posted October 10, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Permalink

Fabulous quilt! Love that it’s reversible!

11. Posted October 11, 2009 at 12:56 am | Permalink

Both sides are great. You did an awesome job!

12. Posted October 11, 2009 at 1:36 am | Permalink

I love the colors! Beautiful quilt–it’s really two quilts in one!

13. Posted October 11, 2009 at 4:48 am | Permalink

i love this. and that was a lot of work!

14. Posted October 11, 2009 at 9:00 am | Permalink

Lovely quilt! It is great with a quilt you can use on both sides. I haven’t done that yet, but this is certainly an inspiration!

15. Posted October 11, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

What a great quilt. Reversible!!! I am sure your son will grow to love it. After all, you made it for him. Thanks for sharing.

16. Posted October 11, 2009 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

I love your quilt! both sides of it! why not call it the two-faced-Tussie?

and I’m in favor of less stippling, too! makes them so much ….stiffer?

17. Posted October 11, 2009 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

what an awesome quilt! There is a bright side to him not getting too attached, yet. It won’t sustain as much damage in the little years and when he can appreciate, it’ll still be in great shape!

18. Posted October 12, 2009 at 12:57 am | Permalink

Absolutely beautiful quilt. Thanks for participating in the Blogger’s Quilt Festival.

SewCalGal

19. Posted October 12, 2009 at 3:02 am | Permalink

this is awesome. i love the idea of a quilt being reversible and just as much fun on the back as on the front.

20. Posted October 12, 2009 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

Its wonderful! He will love it I am sure.

21. Posted October 13, 2009 at 12:45 am | Permalink

I love your stacked coin quilt, it’s my favorite design, although I haven’t made one yet. I must get on that.

22. Posted October 13, 2009 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

What a beautiful quilt. It is a lot of work to many two quilts into one. It is something I have not yet tried.

23. Posted October 13, 2009 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

It’s adorable I love the two quilts idea!

24. Posted October 13, 2009 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

Very cute! Love the stacked coin pattern.

25. Posted October 14, 2009 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

I love this quilt too!! This is great and you choose great fabrics. Thanks for sharing. Stephanie

26. Posted October 14, 2009 at 8:29 pm | Permalink

Love this quilt – the colors are beautiful – I like the back too! :)

27. Posted October 16, 2009 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Very sweet. And it’s reversible! Cool!

28. Posted October 16, 2009 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

I love both sides!! Thanks for sharing :)

29. Posted October 22, 2009 at 3:04 am | Permalink

Very nice! I too like the back a little better. I love the pops of yellow and red in it.

30. Posted October 25, 2009 at 1:53 am | Permalink

A FABulous and FuN quilt!!! LOVE the front AND the back too! ; ) Nice job. Thanks for sharing!