Summer 9 Patch Quilt // Finished Modern Quilt

Note: I went running today (or rather jogging) for the first time in, ahem, quite a long time. I’ve fallen off the wagon, hard. I’m back on it. Sometimes, you just need a jump start.

I joined Amanda Jean’s 9 patch quilt along last year. And Saturday, I finished the quilt! Its a bit smaller than hers. I had meant for it to sit on the couch in the basement during the sunshine-y summery months. Perhaps now it can sit on the couch all winter long and remind me of warmer weather. I do not like snow. Or cold. Its the Bay Area girl in me, I guess. (And now back to reading about conservation easements and small area plans. Wow. Who knew my life could be so much fun!)

I think this pink block is my favorite block of the whole quilt. Or at least one of them. And look at those straight quilting lines! (Ha! Quilting is my least favorite part of the whole process. Today, I learned that it is my friend Trish’s favorite, and she hates piecing, which is my favorite. We decided I can make the quilt tops and she can quilt them. Sounds good to me!)

P.S. If you are here from Sew & Tell, welcome! Please check out this post, with some prelim details about 100 Quilts for Christmas, our online charity quilt drive!
This entry was posted in Quilts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted November 10, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

Amazing, Katie!

2. Posted November 10, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

this is so pretty…i love the way you arranged it and the back is fantastic!!!

3. "Lois Grebowski"
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Yippeee! It’s done! Another finish for 2010! Looks great!

4. jennifer
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Looks good.

5. Needled Mom
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous. I love the colors.

6. Jodi
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Beautiful quilt, summer or winter! And it’s been so dreary here this week, those colors do just the trick – cheerful! Good for you back to running – I, at 50 young years old, had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago. I hope to be back to walking and biking real soon – thanks for the inspiration!

7. sandandstarfish
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

I love this quilt! It’s absolutely fabulous! The back is darling as well! Very lovely job!

8. Shelley
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

Great colors! I love how bright and cheery it is!

9. Posted November 10, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Permalink

This is very pretty! Love the way you sashed the blocks together!

10. Kristie
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

Very pretty :-) Look at those leaves- great backdrop!

11. Paula
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Permalink

Adorable. This will be just the thing to brighten up the dreary winter months.

12. Cathy
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

Love the bright fresh colors!!! Very pretty!

13. Posted November 11, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

It’s gorgeous! You have such a good eye for colors!

14. Posted November 11, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

I love the fabrics you used! Good job!

15. Jones
    Posted November 11, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Love it!

16. Posted November 12, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous quilt! Love that binding. (P.S. – I’ll get back to you soon about the 100 Quilts for Christmas! I have a couple fleece blankets I made last year that I’d love to donate and just kept putting it off!)

17. di
    Posted November 12, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

I’m not really sure what to say, except WOW! This is so beautiful! The colors are amazing and the pictures of it outside with the Autumn leaves are just incredible. What a totally amazing and beautiful quilt!

18. Katie
    Posted November 12, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Thank you all for your kind comments! This was over a year in the making–you made my day!

19. Posted November 12, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

This is gorgeous!

20. Kristen
    Posted November 12, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Beautiful quilt! I love how you arranged those summer colors you choose.

21. Diane
    Posted November 13, 2010 at 1:37 am | Permalink

This is beautiful! Love it. So glad to hear that these quilt alongs eventually get done since I am still working on Amanda Jeans last quilt along.

22. Posted November 16, 2010 at 2:25 am | Permalink

what a great quilt! Thanks for linking up. We love all your projects!

23. Vicki
    Posted December 7, 2010 at 4:52 am | Permalink

I love it! I just finished mine from the same quiltalong. Contemplating how I would do it if I did it again… your color choices and arrangement are beautiful!