Sunshine Quilt // Finished Modern Quilt

You may or may not be able to tell that I dashed outside during a lull in the rain to take a quick picture of my Sunshine Quilt. And it started to pour, so I snapped a quick picture and ran back inside.  (I can’t really complain about the rain, though, since we enjoyed a beautiful “nature walk” outside yesterday afternoon sans coats.) My mother in law won the Sandy Gervais fabric a few years ago, and thoughtfully gave it to me.  We (she?) bought the sashing and backing, and I started to work! In about 2008! Its the first quilt I quilted with straight lines, and it has been hanging in my closet for the last year, homeless and sad (and needing the last of the binding tacked down, which I just did!)  Inspired by Dana, who is donating this beautiful quilt to 100 Quilts for Christmas, I thought I’d donate this one as well.
linked to quiltstory!
This entry was posted in 100 Quilts for Kids, Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted November 16, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

Love the quilt, especially that straight line quilting! What a great cause as well!

2. Posted November 16, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Permalink

Very beautiful and I love the quilting! What a generous donation. I’m sure you’ll brighten someone’s life with that quilt.

3. Posted November 16, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

Beautiful. What a great name for a quilt, especially one for such a wonderful cause :)

4. Posted November 16, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

Love it! Someone is going to be thrilled to get such a happy quilt!

Jennifer

5. Kim's Treasures
    Posted November 16, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Permalink

It’s beautiful! You will make one lucky child happy and warm! What a great thing!

6. Needled Mom
    Posted November 16, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

It is a very cheery quilt and it’s nice to know that it is going to a good cause.

7. Posted November 17, 2010 at 1:48 am | Permalink

Thanks everyone for being so kind! It is a bright and cheery quilt. What I lack in skill I make up in brightness. :)

8. Diane
    Posted November 16, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Permalink

What a cute quilt! Glad you were able to find the last bit of binding and this will make someone very happy!

9. Jackie
    Posted November 16, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

The picture of your path in the woods looks wonderful!

Such a bright happy quilt that I’m sure will be well loved and treasured.

10. Posted November 20, 2010 at 2:37 am | Permalink

What a sweet and kind thing to do! Seriously, you are amazing. I love that quilt and I am sure it will be treasured by someone in need. Thanks for linking up, we’ll see you next week!

11. di
    Posted November 22, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

This is so beautiful! I love the colors………I’m so glad you took it out of your closet and finished it up! It’s too pretty to keep locked up in there! :-)