First Time Long Arm Quilting // Favorite Things

Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 11.37.33 PM

I spent 3 hours with a friend today learning how to use a long arm quilter. Do you remember being in school, and it’s your last final? And you have the world’s biggest smile on your face and want to do a happy dance? That is how I felt today–2 quilts (one a twin size) beautifully quilted in less than three hours. And I had SO much fun doing it.

Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 11.44.09 PM

Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 11.38.04 PM

This entry was posted in Favorite Things and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted December 16, 2010 at 1:12 am | Permalink

That sounds awesome! I would love to try one of those out one day, so count me in the geek parade, too :)

2. Posted December 16, 2010 at 1:40 am | Permalink

Wow, how fun! Was it hard?

3. Posted December 16, 2010 at 2:40 am | Permalink

I am so jealous! Was there much of a learning curve??

4. Kristie
    Posted December 16, 2010 at 1:00 am | Permalink

Ohhh that sounds fun! I guess I am a geek, too!

5. Shelley
    Posted December 16, 2010 at 1:10 am | Permalink

Oh jealous!!! I tried out a long-arm at a quilt show once. It was sooo nice.

6. Posted December 16, 2010 at 9:11 am | Permalink

How physical is long arm quilting? It looks like a big unwieldy beast of a thing to manage.

7. Vroomans' Quilts
    Posted December 16, 2010 at 5:02 am | Permalink

Is that the Avente’? That is my dream machine – just love it.

8. Posted December 16, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

I think it is the Avente. It was so much easier to do than I expected, although of course I only did swirls. It regulates the stitch length perfectly, and I was pretty impressed with my swirls–no jagged swirls, all nicely rounded. I can imagine it wouldn’t be fun if you have a bad back, but otherwise, it wasn’t unwieldly or overly physical. Felt more like painting than sewing. :)

9. Posted December 27, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

Aren’t they amazing how quickly quilting can be accomplished with a long arm? It is on my wishlist!!

Angie – http://www.craftedAngles.com