Mod Mosaic Mini Quilt // Finished Modern Quilt

I made a mini quilt yesterday–I think I like the back even better than the front!  I used Kerry’s new-to-me binding tutorial which gives step by step (with pictures) instructions on how to finish mini quilts with single fold binding.  It is a great tutorial; I cut the turquoise binding (below) the suggested scant 1 1/4 inches. Its was a bit too small for me, so I cut the binding for my I-Spy Ticker Tape Doll Quilt (which went to Emma, by the way!) and the city grid (mod mosaic tutorial here) mug rug 1 3/8 inch. It worked much better for me.
And here is a mug rug makeover. I originally machine-bound the binding. I’m good at that, normally. It was terrible. So, a few weeks ago I cut off the binding, a few inches of the white, and re-did the binding, by hand, single-fold style. Much better. I even have traditional before and after pictures. You know, terrible lighting and blemishes in the first, nice and shiny and new in the after. :)

This entry was posted in Quilts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 1, 2011 at 4:31 am | Permalink

Awesome minis! And that tute of Kerry’s is awesome – my mug rugs have never looked better.

2. Posted February 1, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Your mini quilts are so cute!

3. Posted February 1, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

wow – how big are these mini quilts! they are very cute :)

Angie – http://craftedAngles.com

4. Posted February 1, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

Thanks everyone. :) the turquoise stacked coins is about 10×12 inches, and the other one is about 7 x 8.5 inches.

5. QuiltyGirl
    Posted February 1, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

I love the patterns of these.
    And your comment about the before and afters made me lol. :)

6. Jodi-JoJoMia's Place
    Posted February 1, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

I love the front and back of that mini quilt! So neat!

7. Posted February 2, 2011 at 2:40 am | Permalink

It is gorgeous! I love the back too, so clean and beautiful!