International Quilt Market: My Good Luck Finally Ran Out

I had pretty incredible luck at market. I never win anything, but that all changed this weekend.

I won not one, but TWO fat quarter bundles, a Kona Cotton one from the Modern Quilt Guild Party and one from Joel Dewberry’s schoolhouse (heirloom in the sapphire colorway).

I got a signed copy of Kristen and Alissa’s new book, Block Party! And, I got to reconnect and hang out a lot with Kristen, a fellow DC Modern member. Great book, by the way.

My brother snapped this picture for me, awesome, right?

I got to stay in a beautiful location with great family members, and enjoyed exploring the neighborhood.

It took me a record 7 minutes to check my bags and get through security. And then my fabulous luck ended. I have a 2 hour delay on my flight, if we get out at all. Wish me luck…

– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

This entry was posted in Quilts, Sewing + Friends. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted May 15, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

Good luck getting home. I bet your delay is because of weather, (just guessing.)

2. Posted May 16, 2011 at 12:11 am | Permalink

I’ve actually started counting on delays when flying; then I’m pleasantly surprised if there isn’t one! You sure had great luck at Market!!

3. Posted May 16, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

COngrats on the wins!
    Hopefully you are still so giddy from market that the delay will fly by! :)

4. Kristen
    Posted May 16, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

I had so much fun connecting with you – so glad to have a local quilting friend. Thank you for the kind words on the book!

5. Jones
    Posted May 17, 2011 at 3:55 am | Permalink

I never win either…maybe I should have flown out to meet you and then we both could have won fabric?

6. Kristen
    Posted May 17, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

How awesome is all of that!!?? Check out happy zombie’s blog for a very close twin of that car. I am glad you are having fun!!