Autumn Flea Market Fancy // Works in Progress

I had some itty bitty Flea Market Fancy scraps left after cutting out a quilt, and thought it would be something my partner (for the flickr Pretty {little} Pouch Swap) would like. I’ve done a practice pouch, and it worked out all right. I just need to add some linen, a zipper, and voila, right?

Any suggestions? Cut this into strips? Leave it as it is? Horizontal? Vertical? I am waiting for inspiration (or a really great suggestion).

I would work on it tonight, as I am feeling quite a bit better. However, I think I’m going to call it a night instead, since today I have:
1. Put body wash in my hair after washing it.

2. Was totally oblivious to my daughter coloring the white blinds black (a foot from me), and

3. My personal favorite, ordered and sent not one but two mother’s day gifts to my house instead of on the other side of the country, where they belong. Awesome.

Linked up to WIP Wednesday

This entry was posted in Sewn, Works In Progress and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted May 5, 2011 at 3:27 am | Permalink

o wow, I hope you get to feeling better soon. I think the pouch will look nice just like you have shown.

2. Posted May 5, 2011 at 3:33 am | Permalink

re: #3 – oops. I think you should go to bed. And then tomorrow, just work on the pouch as is – I would orient the pouch so the strips are vertical.

3. Jodi-JoJoMia's Place
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 3:48 am | Permalink

I love the colors and fabrics, but who wouldn’t. I think vertical will be best but I am no expert.

4. Kristen
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 4:30 am | Permalink

I had a permanent marker incident a few posts back too! Children have their moments. It will look lovely. I am sure you will pick the right thing to do with it!

5. Posted May 5, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

I hope you feel better soon. I love your strips, and I would keep it simple and use them as they are.

6. Posted May 5, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

I love those strips, great color combination! I would leave them just as they are, but they’d look great with linen too.

Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : ) Hope you feel better!

7. Needled Mom
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

That did not sound like a good day!!! Hope you feel better soon.

I think linen with strips would be fabulous.