Flea Market Fancy Squares // Works In Progress

I have had at least some of this fabric for… quite some time. I was feeling mopey on Saturday after finding out that one of my very favorite families is moving back West (the same week my sister and her husband moves back west.) So, I cut into my Flea Market Fancy for a quilt just for me. It’s time, right? I’m making a modified nine-patch and square in square quilt. We will see how it goes…

And I’ve been looking through my WIP list lately…
Charisma Friendship Stars for my mom (blocks are pieced)
Little Folks Quilt (group project, blocks are pieced)
Christmas Stockings (um, there are way too many tiny pieces here)
Go Utes quilt for my husband (quilt still needs a border)

Well, that is as far as I will go with that list… there is always something new and fun to try, right? A kaleidoscope quilt is on my list, and its always more fun to quilt along with friends. I’m joining in the fun!

Linked up to WIP Wednesday
100 Quilts for Kids Page Here

This entry was posted in Works In Progress and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted June 8, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Love your Flea Market fabric – YES you deserve a quilt just for you! So sorry about the folks you care about moving – it’s the pits!

I’ll be joining you in the kaleidoscope qa – can’t wait!

2. Posted June 8, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

i hate it when good friends move away :(
    your stack of fabric squares is pretty, though.

3. Posted June 8, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

Oh my, your FMF does look lovely. So pretty!! So sorry to hear about your friend moving, I hate that too.

4. Posted June 8, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

A quilt for you! I’m jealous. My hubbie finally told me that I had to make something we could actually keep here at the house. Now, if I can just get my sewing machine back from the shop, I will finish what I have going on and make one for us!

5. Jodi-JoJoMia's Place
    Posted June 8, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

That sounds like a great idea – what could be better than a flea market fancy quilt, just for you! Sorry about the people moving, at least it is a lot easier to keep in touch now days with all this technology but I know it isn’t the same. Just make a plan to skype with them while under your special quilt!

6. Posted June 8, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

A quilt just for you = that a great idea to make you feel better. And using FMF beautiful fabric is real treat. Can’t wait to see the quilt!

7. Posted June 9, 2011 at 4:54 am | Permalink

Glad to hear that you are joining the Kaleidoscope QAL too! I am really excited about it :)

8. Posted June 9, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

Good for you for cutting into that fabric! You’ll be so happy to have a quilt for you.

9. Posted June 9, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

it will look great! Can’t wait to see it all done! :)