Inspiration

6091052573 ffb291e044 InspirationHave you ever been searching for just the right inspiration, finally found it, and sat down to make/do/create something almost immediately?  Back in December, I cut strips of blues and greens to make a quilt for a friend’s baby shower. The timing wasn’t right, and the strips have sat in a bin.  Until last week. I saw this quilt by Kelly on flickr, which was inspired by this quilt by Tamiko, and knew that the pattern for a “staying cool at the pool” quilt for the same friend’s baby was perfect. I made the quilt top and gave it to my friend Tricia to quilt and bind (the best arrangement ever!)  I even had coordinating binding ready to go… wait until you see her fabulous quilting. It tones down the 80s vibe and really makes the quilt pop!

Question: Anyone have a great source for washi tape? As cool as my painter’s tape is…

This entry was posted in Quilts. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted August 31, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

That’s very pretty, Kate – and would also make a nice and very simple quilt design for the 100 Quilts For Kids challenge!

2. Posted August 31, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

I can’t wait to see how she quilted that open space! I’m doing a quilt along right now where I’ve created some negative space like that but I keep changing my mind on how to quilt it!

3. Posted August 31, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

Cool quilt top! I have ordered washi tape from http://happytape.bigcartel.com/ before and was pretty happy with the selection.

4. Posted August 31, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

You have used such a gorgeous colour palette and the design is fabulous. My kind of thing!

5. Posted August 31, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

Washi Tape Source

Not a huge selection but a great site in general.

6. Posted August 31, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Washi tape is available on Amazon… Hope that may help

7. Posted August 31, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Awesome quilt top! I actually used Tamiko’s quilt as inspiration for my 3×6 Sampler Quilt Mini Bee blocks this quarter. They turned out so cute (at least I think so!). Nice work, Kate!!

8. Posted September 2, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

That’s going to be a lovely quilt. It’s so nice when the simple answer is the best!

9. Posted September 4, 2011 at 3:44 am | Permalink

Gorgeous! Love the colours.

10. Posted September 4, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Seconding the recommendation for happy tape, they have the biggest selection I’ve seen!

11. Posted September 5, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

cutetape.com is a great place to get washi tape!