Emerald Isle Swap Quilt // Works in Progress

We were stuck in traffic FOREVER today… the only good part was that I was able to hand quilt almost half of the white diamonds on this quilt. (And no, I wasn’t driving. But I probably could have done it while driving (which I wouldn’t), the traffic was that bad.) It makes the top pop a bit–I’m so glad, because there are some incredible quilts in this round of the Doll Quilt Swap!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced Linked up here :) And in the spirit of WIP Wednesday, I have made some incredible progress on some very long term projects lately! And I have plans to long-arm quit my Summer Sampler Quilt top tomorrow, so that is very good news. I’ll post my sashing dimensions with the quilt top this weekend, if anyone is interested.
This entry was posted in Sewing + Friends, Works In Progress and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted August 11, 2011 at 2:53 am | Permalink

Got to ask… were you driving? I can’t even imagine traffic like that. OK, I can… that’s why I live in a town with only a few dozen traffic lights ;-).

2. Posted August 11, 2011 at 4:16 am | Permalink

I can definitely relate to traffic like that. I hate it!

It looks so pretty. Lucky partner.

3. Posted August 11, 2011 at 4:48 am | Permalink

oh can’t wait to see your summer sampler quilted!!

4. Posted August 11, 2011 at 4:52 am | Permalink

Ha ha, I wasn’t driving!!! But good to clarify.

5. Posted August 11, 2011 at 10:22 am | Permalink

That looks like shashiko thread – I have the pink variegated for a quilt I am making for someone but the green looks gorgeous as does your WIP!

6. Posted August 11, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

Oh good. I’m curious to see how you sashed and finished your sampler. I’m still thinking about what to do with mine.

7. Posted August 12, 2011 at 2:02 am | Permalink

The DQS quilt looks gorgeous. And I can’t wait to see your Summer Sampler all quilted up! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )