Small Sewing Projects // Sewn

I’ve spent some time in the last week sewing things other than 100 Quilts quilts. Amazing! Linen napkins and a Ruby Star Spring (by Melody Miller) sewing pouch for my sister in law–I love the texture/hand of RSS.

A Loulouthi (by Anna Maria Horner) library tote for me, because I only had an hour, inspired by the Magnolia Lane (by Laura Gunn) bag made below for a good friend’s birthday. And now, back to 100 Quilts quilting. It is a Keyka Lou downloadable pattern–Grocery Bag I believe. Well written, simple directions and a deadline help speed things up!

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations
And Linked up to Amy’s Sew & Tell: It’s back!

This entry was posted in 100 Quilts for Kids, Sewing + Friends and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted September 19, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

LOVE the library tote – it really only took an hour?!
    That’s the best kind of project!

2. Posted September 19, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

Very cool projects – I love those quick but satisfying (& beautiful!) finishes!

3. Posted September 19, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

What a great way to use LouLouthi–really shows off the print nicely!

4. Posted September 19, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

I love the fabrics you chose and I love the bags you made. Only an hour you say , amazing ! Nicely done:)

5. Posted September 19, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

Love that Loulouthi tote! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

6. Posted September 19, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

It really did only take an hour. It’s a Keyka Lou pattern–Grocery bag I think. I timed myself–I had to run to pick my son up from school :)

7. Posted September 19, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Wow, I adore your tote!!! So pretty!

8. Posted September 20, 2011 at 2:02 am | Permalink

Love the tote – great use of Loulouthi and such a cute little zip!

9. Posted September 23, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

Love the little pouch, and love that turquoise zipper. Sometimes it’s nice to do some other sewing, isn’t it?

10. Posted September 23, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

I found you from Amylouwho – I love your projects! It’s nice finishing a non-quilt sometimes, especially when you get to wear the finished product around town (unlike a quilt)!

11. Posted September 23, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

you’ve been busy! I love how those little projects together so much faster than a quilt! The bags are my favorite I’ll have to put that pattern away for a rainy day!