Cool by the Pool Quilt // Finished Modern Quilt

Today is it. The very last of summer. Kindergarten starts tomorrow, at 8am. Of course, I’m a little terrified and exhilarated, all at the same time. My son is just really, really excited.  I guess that is what being a parent is all about, realizing that it really isn’t about you. But it is hard, sometimes, to let go, even a teeny bit. And now, on to the quilt! This is the “Cool by the Pool” quilt my friend Tricia and I tag-teamed on.  I pieced the top and took the pictures (ha!), she quilted and bound it. This is certainly an example of how the quilting really makes the quilt. I love the ocean waves! Click on the “untitled” links to see more of the quilting.
1. Untitled, 2. Untitled, 3. Untitled, 4. Untitled

This entry was posted in Favorite Things, Quilts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted September 5, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

What a lovely quilt! I want to go to the beach now.

2. Posted September 5, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

beautiful quilt & I rebel – do not want summer to be over!

3. Posted September 5, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Ooh, so pretty! I love the simplicity, and the quilting really shines!

(good luck with kindergarten tomorrow!)

4. Posted September 5, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

This is so beautiful!!!! Great quilting!

5. Posted September 5, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

Simple concept, but really, really beautiful. Well done. What did you do for the back?

6. Posted September 5, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Just love its elegant simplicity and the quilting is beautiful.

7. Jessica
    Posted September 5, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

So pretty! And I loooove the quilting. Tag teaming on a quilt sounds fun. I hope your son has a wonderful day tomorrow :)