Summer Sampler Series // Finished Modern Quilt

Summer Sampler Quilt, Southern Shores, North Carolina! My friend and I tried to take pictures of our quilts on the beach last week. This was our best result– my quilt was too big and it was w-i-n-d-y! A few days later, I went on a solo early morning bike ride, and threw the quilt and camera in my backpack. I ended up on the sound side (no wind)… and wanted to take some pictures of my newly bound quilt, which incidentally was used on the trip :) I had such a fun time co-hosting the Summer Sampler Series, I have a whole new respect for quilt-along organizers, especially those who draft their own blocks. It is a lot of effort–I was worried this quilt would end up in a closet because I didn’t want anyone to touch it, I love it so. Randomly, my son ended up without a blanket in the house, so this became his. And I didn’t even freak out when he got a bit of chocolate on it. Quilts wash, right? Happy sewing!  Check back tomorrow for an update on the 100 Quilts for Kids Quilt Along, all about pieced quilt backs!

Pin It

This entry was posted in Quilts, Sew Alongs, Summer Sampler Series and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted September 6, 2011 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Super pretty, wow!!! I love the way you quilted this one!

2. Posted September 6, 2011 at 11:24 am | Permalink

So pretty! Love it! And it looks so great on the beach!
    and I completely agree about running a quilt along. I’m trying it right now on my own and you definitely did right by partnering with someone. I chose to do something simple to start with which has helped a lot.

3. Posted September 6, 2011 at 11:45 am | Permalink

Hi! This is really beautiful quilt! Every block is so special and lovely!

4. Posted September 6, 2011 at 11:58 am | Permalink

Great quilt, Kate! I love the way you quilted it!!

5. Posted September 6, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

Great job, this turned out really, really wonderfully. Also, a quilt and a camera are quite unique supplies for a bike ride. :-)

6. Posted September 6, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

oh I love it! Just beautiful & fun pics too!

7. Posted September 6, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Stunning! So fresh and classic, yet modern. Curious about your quilting, as it’s hard for me to decipher all of it in the pics- did you do a different pattern on the blocks? Looks like large pebbles in the sashing. Just curious. It’s lovely!

8. Kiera
    Posted September 6, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Beautiful! The quilting is so different and fresh!

9. Posted September 6, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

Great job woman!!! Oh are we going to hang out at SS??

10. Posted September 6, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

It turned out so awesome! I just finished quilting my today. :) And mine isn’t as big as yours, I’m a total slacker. :)

It was an honor cohosting with you and Lee. Tons of work, totally worth it.

11. Posted September 6, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

Great looking quilt. I wish I had been able to follow along. I love it!!

12. Posted September 7, 2011 at 1:25 am | Permalink

Congratulations, Kate! I’m glad you got some good photos after all. And cheers for a quilt to be used!

13. Sarah
    Posted September 7, 2011 at 12:37 am | Permalink

Ooh, I love this one. You seriously make me want to learn how to quilt!

14. Posted September 7, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Great finish! LOVE IT

15. Posted September 8, 2011 at 2:59 am | Permalink

So beautiful! Love the quilting! : )

16. Posted September 12, 2011 at 3:54 am | Permalink

Love how this turned out. The colors (and fabrics) are some of my favorites.

17. Posted April 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

So new to “blog” reading. More a quilter than a blog em person. So love this quilt. At first glance it appeared the block was the only type of block on the quilt and then the entire quilt opened my eyes to even more. Just so appealing. Thanks for sharing.