Pillow {talk} Swap–Sent & Received

The perfect pillow from Darci @ Stitches & Scissors

Today is the shipping deadline for the flickr based Pillow Talk {Swap}, so naturally, I’m headed to the post office after Little Tiny’s nap. I have admired so many of the pillows that have come from this swap over the last few rounds, I had to jump in at the last minute.

A few weeks ago, I received the world’s most awesome pillow from Darci at Stitches & Scissors. Seriously, it makes me happy every single time I walk by my couch. Darci’s pillow must have subconsciously influenced the palette for the pillow I made, which I didn’t realize until I put the two side by side.

As soon as I got my partner assignment, I knew I wanted to use some of the itty bits of Heather Ross novelty fabric I have.  But that was it. I sketched out about ten options over the last few weeks, and finally decided on the same pattern as my Garden Windows quilt.

Here is the pillow. I hope she likes it!

Pillow Talk Swap-finished!
PTS details
Linked up at these two places!  Happy sewing, everyone! I was up, ahem, a bit late finishing this one, so I’m hoping Little Tiny is getting very sleepy very soon. Nap time for everyone!
Fresh Sewing Day

Fresh Poppy Design

This entry was posted in Sewn. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted November 1, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Great pillow — and a wonderful selection of HR fabrics…lucky partner :)

2. Posted November 1, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Great pillows! I’m sure your partner will be so pleased!

3. Posted November 1, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

Both are so pretty! I love that you selected fabric based on a theme for the pillow you made.

4. Posted November 1, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Your “sent” and “received” are both awesome!! Love the little fussy cut squares on the one that you made. And seriously, the goldfish in the bag print…..adorable.

5. Posted November 1, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Both pillows are awesome!! I particularly love your square in a square – so cute!!

6. Posted November 1, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Permalink

Love the pillow with all those wee squares!

7. Posted November 1, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Permalink

beautiful pillows – I love the seahorse fabric!

8. Posted November 1, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Permalink

Swaps are so fun. And you did a great job of showing off those fabrics.

9. Posted November 2, 2011 at 12:48 am | Permalink

You lucked out with that amazing pillow from Darci! And there is no way your partner wouldn’t LOVE the pillow you’re sending!