Work in Progress Wednesday: Time to Finish Those Stockings

Is this the year?I read Rachel’s post about her Project Jam yesterday, and thought that she might faint on the spot if she saw my WIP pile. Perhaps it is time to do something about that. As evidence: I have two quilts that just need to be bound, one that I finished quilting this summer. Agh!

Here is one of my favorite works in progress, and one that hasn’t been touched for over a year. Shortly after having my daughter (who is now 2), I decided I wanted to make Christmas stockings. Not just any stocking, but 1 inch patchwork stockings a la the Purl Bee tutorial.  Some are pieced together, some are still in strips. I have a gazillion strips, way more than I needed. I’m not so sure I want 4 crazy patchwork stockings now–some stripes  (or maybe even stars) might be nice too. Hmmm….something to think about when I’m killing myself enjoying my morning treadmill run…

Strips or Squares...

Linked up to
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

This entry was posted in Holidays, Works In Progress. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted November 30, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

I think they would be cute stockings too! I want to make stockings. Probably next year though…

Happy WIP wednesday! “Enjoy” your run!

2. Posted November 30, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

It’s fun to have some favorite works in progress – especially festive Christmassy things! I’m sure the stockings will turn out really cute!

3. Posted November 30, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Love the colors! Thanks for sharing!

4. Posted November 30, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

oh can’t wait to see your stockings!!

5. Posted November 30, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

Way to be on the treadmill. :) I’m trying to get the motivation.

Mary

6. Posted November 30, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

I have had stockings on my list of things to make forever but never got to them. Maybe now that we are done having kids I will make some since I know I won’t have to make up another one a few years down the road :)

7. Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Oooh, love those patchwork stockings! Stockings have been on my list as well. It’s not happening this Christmas, though! : ( For SURE by next Christmas (somebody hold me to that!) Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

8. Diane
    Posted November 30, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

those will make great stockings… I am sure I have a stocking or two stucdk away that is a WIP now that you bring it up :)

9. Posted November 30, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

going t be great stockings…and the quilt is delightful

10. Posted November 30, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Permalink

I love homemade, handmade stockings! These will be fabulous!