Prince Charming: A Finished Quilt!

Prince Charming finished
SMS Giveaway Days Here

Guess what? This quilt only took me 2 days to make. One of them just happened to be in July, and the other was in December.  For whatever reason, I’ve felt bashful giving this quilt to its intended recipient. I decided to get over it and deliver the quilt (I have to walk about 30 feet to do so!) I stippled it using a light aqua thread–I haven’t stippled a quilt since January. I need a bit of practice, but I think it turned out good. I did learn something important: If you are fussy cutting things, and you fussy cut off-center on purpose, it just looks like you made a mistake.  I do love the Prince Charming by Tula Pink with the Free Spirit Solids.  The quilt measures about 34” squared.

One thing out of my works in progress pile–hurrah! Elizabeth and I have been emailing a bit. I think we are going to do some sort of “Finish Those Projects” fun in January. Heaven knows I need a bit of inspiration in that department.

Prince Charming
Prince Charming
Prince Charming Quilt Back
Prince Charming closeup
This entry was posted in Quilts. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted December 13, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

What a great way to use the focus fabric. I love it!

2. Posted December 13, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Lovely! A bit of a wonk is “charming”… :o)

3. Posted December 13, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

I love how this little mini turned out!!! This was my fave color way of Prince Charming, and I think you used it beautifully! And I’m all for our “finish it” party, I know I need it! Our little email chat has inspired me to turn my longest standing wip (a 9-patch quilt I started shortly after I learned to sew) into a Christmas gift this year, so yay!

4. Posted December 13, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

It looks so cute!!! Way to go!

5. Posted December 13, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

I love that fabric line, really need to get some. And your quilt is so cute, front and back!

6. Posted December 13, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Just darling! I love that it took two days – 6 months apart! ha. fantastic.

7. Posted December 13, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Lovely.

8. Posted December 13, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Permalink

I love it! The colors are beautiful — I love that raindrop fabric! =) Good job finishing a project on your wip pile!

9. Posted December 13, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

Love the richness of colours in this!

10. Posted December 13, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

Oooh, love it, and coincidentally I’ve been dreaming up a quilt in this line all day (although perhaps I should have been paying a little more attention in the 3 hour meeting at work that I dreamt it up in ;o) )

11. Ruth
    Posted December 13, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

I love it! Such great colours and I love the froggy theme. The back is gorgeous too!

12. Posted December 14, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

It’s fantastic! I love the off centre fussing cutting! Makes it more interesting :)

13. Posted December 15, 2011 at 2:23 am | Permalink

I think it’s lovely. Great job!