Eons ago (last January) Megan, Katy, & Nova hosted a Single Girl Quilt Along, based on the popular pattern by Denyse Schmidt. I had wanted to make a Single Girl quilt for ages–apparently, so had everyone else. I knew I wasn’t going to make a whole quilt, so I decided to make just two rings, one for me, and one for my sister-in-law, Amber. I thought I would make her a pillow for her new place. I chose a variety of greens with just a hint of blue, and dutifully cut out templates, cut fabric, and sewed the quarter arcs together. I realized (too late) that the colors were all wrong for her new place. So, into my “in progress” bin they went. And sat. For months.
Last week, I was looking everywhere for fabric for some bee blocks (located and completed) and found the arcs. I haven’t put Christmas decorations up yet, and thought, “Aha! This would make the perfect wreath for my entry way.” I finished sewing the arc together, raw edge appliqued it onto a white background, and there you have it. It is the perfect size for my entryway! Now what to do with the other arc… baby blanket, perhaps.