Operation: Get the Toys Under Control

Operation Organize the Basement is turning out rather well, but I still have a lot to do. I have a good stash of novelty fabric that I thought I might use for quilt backs, but instead, the fabric works so nicely for toy-holding drawstring bags. Of course, they were made using the method in Jeni’s tutorial. I’m making a ton more today (our tiny basement is so close to being put together–sickness, the holidays, life gets in the way) and I’m going to pay a bit more attention to placement of the casing. Someday, I might even substitute fabric ties for the ribbon ties. But for now? I’m just excited to sew, sew, sew these little bags today.

Linked up to Finish It Up Friday at Amanda Jean’s and Sew & Tell Friday at Amy’s

Pin It

This entry was posted in Sewn. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted January 13, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

awesome!!! hurray for organization! those bags are too cute!

thanks for linking up!

2. Posted January 13, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

Adorable!
    Now hang a nice heavy duty row of pegs and line’em up!
    let the kids know what’s in which bag and your good to go.
    Hey, maybe they’ll even have fun filling the bags back up :0).

This is a terrific idea…..might have to make’em for the grands!

Happy sewing

3. Posted January 13, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

those are so darling! yay for organizing. :)

4. Posted January 13, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

looks fantastic. I wish drawstring bags could solve a few of my organizational needs.

5. Posted January 13, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

I just love the drawstring bags. Good for you, being so organized!

6. Posted January 13, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

I’m doing the exact same thing! I have several bags cut and ready to sew from a couple sizes of Jeni’s pattern. It’s so perfect for toys.

7. elizabeth
    Posted January 13, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

I have seen so many cute bags from that tutorial, I guess I better add that to my list : ). Great job on getting organized, and what a good feeling that is!

8. Posted January 14, 2012 at 1:54 am | Permalink

They’re adorable! What a fun way to get organized! :o)

9. Posted January 14, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Great bags! I have this same thing on my list to-do. Way too many little bits and pieces of toys floating around here!