Cherry Blossoms // Favorite Things

Cherry BlossomsThe kids and I headed downtown after school yesterday to see the Cherry Blossoms. The Tidal Basin, Haines Point, and surrounding area are just magical right now, even if the festival ushers in the official start of the tourist season. We spent most of our time walking (and walking and walking), and didn’t even make it to some of our favorite spots. I took a few quick pictures while the-one-who-likes-to-run-away was strapped in her stroller–I think they give you a taste of spring.

Oh. And I had this sweet bundle in my trunk, full of Thomas Knauer’s Pear Tree, Flock, a variety of solids (the Michael Miller Cotton Couture solids are incredible!) and of course some Lizzy House Pearl Bracelets. The perfect fabric bundle for a beautiful spring day.

Cherry Blossoms
This entry was posted in Favorite Things. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted March 20, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Do you often travel with fabric in your trunk??? 😉 Love the photos, I adore cherry blossoms, wish we had them in Florida. Quite possibly my favorite tree!

2. Posted March 20, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

“see cherry blossom blooms in DC” is definitely on my travel bucket list! Thanks for sharing the photos

3. Posted March 20, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Oh! Is it cherry blossom time already? Your pictures of the blossoms are beautiful! I use to live out there, and the cherry blossoms are magical. I miss that. We had snow yesterday. Spring comes later in Utah. Thanks for posting!

4. Posted March 20, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

That’s a sublime combination of fabric! Cherry blossoms are stunning. In the Central Valley of Ca. we have the Blossom Trail……..mostly almond trees!

5. Posted March 20, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

Pretty! When we lived in Michigan (’06-’09), we took the kids to DC for Spring Break one year, and got to see the cherry blossoms in full bloom! No wonder it’s such an attraction. That was just amazing!!!

6. Anita
    Posted March 20, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

They’re so beautiful! Thanks for giving is a glimpse through your blog!

7. Posted March 20, 2012 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

Oh I love those spring time trees. They are so beautiful. I picture heaven like that…always spring with all flowers and all blooming things coming at once. Sweet.

8. Posted March 21, 2012 at 2:01 am | Permalink

Those darn tourists…. We will be in Virginia next month, do the blooming trees last that long? Or will we miss it? I’ve always wanted to see them

9. Posted March 22, 2012 at 5:07 am | Permalink

someday I am going to make it to Cherry Blossom season in DC…or even Tokyo…thanks for keeping my dream alive.

10. Posted March 24, 2012 at 1:27 am | Permalink

Beautiful. Like snow.

11. Posted March 26, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Sigh… It’s snowing here again today.
    PS Where did you get the Yellow Pearl Bracelet? I’ve been trying to find some.