Color Wheel Quilt // Works in Proress

Fab Little Quilt Swap with SolidsA little birdie reminded me that I haven’t posted any progress shots for my Fab Little Quilt Swap project. Time is short, but I’m having a lot of fun with this project. I hope my partner likes it. This quilt is based on one Rachel did as part of her Curves Class. I sized the pattern down to a “mini” and away I went. I have made more blocks than these six blocks, but I’m torn on whether to do a full circle or to keep it an arc. Any thoughts?

The WIP count? I’m not sure. But I have been plugging away on the unfinished projects that I still care about, which I’ve really enjoyed working on. They seem brand new because they have been sitting for so long. So, if it seems like there is a barrage of pictures on the blog in the next little while, it’s because I’m tackling almost done projects, many of them that I haven’t ever shown on the blog. I finished a mini quilt this week that has been in the pile for a year!  The binding is currently half finished on this triangle quilt I finished last summer (thanks, mom!)  Finally, I already posted a sneak peek of this finished quilt top, but I love it, so here is another one. Onward and upward!

Oh. And I ran five miles this morning. Which, you know, I haven’t done since I was in grad school. Circa 2003. I decided I needed to actually work out hard if I’m going to be ready for the Tri Rock Annapolis triathlon in 2 months. Oh yeah. And fit into my dress for an upcoming special occasion :)

Pocket Full of Sunshine Detail

Linked to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

This entry was posted in Works In Progress and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted March 7, 2012 at 11:19 pm | Permalink

Love the colours in your curves mini! I think it would be nice as either an arc or a circle.

2. Posted March 8, 2012 at 12:05 am | Permalink

Love your circle – reminds me of a pillow I did last year, if you want an idea of what a full circle would look like… http://www.dontcallmebetsy.com/2011/04/circle-of-friendship-pillow.html

I think a half-circle would be super cool, though – that would be super fresh and different…

3. Posted March 8, 2012 at 1:34 am | Permalink

I think an arc would look fantastic – but so would a circle (so helpful, aren’t I?) Wow, 5 miles? I think I’d struggle with half a mile…

4. Posted March 8, 2012 at 1:45 am | Permalink

Your mini is looking great so far. I’d probably go for the arc, but either way is going to be fabulous! And congratulations on the 5 miles. That is impressive!

5. Posted March 8, 2012 at 5:29 am | Permalink

Besides the sewing I am super impressed about running 5 miles. You go Kate!

6. Posted March 8, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Permalink

Oooh, I vote for full circle! That would be really cool! I love the colors. Also, good on you for the running! I am impressed!

Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

7. Norine
    Posted March 11, 2012 at 1:01 am | Permalink

Yay on the 5 miles! I, too, just registered for a tri! My first in 3 years!!! Unlike you, I’m terrible at swimming. I can swim, but I swim oh so slow. Next week starts my swim training :)

8. Posted March 13, 2012 at 1:15 am | Permalink

It’s so pretty. Those colors are awesomesauce. Hmm… if it were me I’d like an arc for a pillow. But, whatever you’ve decided by now is obviously the way to go 😉