DCMQG + Downtown Quilt Photo Shoot // Favorite Things

Streetscape 2
DC Modern Quilt Guild met this morning at Teaism , which is a great substitute for the coffee shop we used to meet at occasionally. If you are local, or even somewhat local, I encourage you to check out the flickr group, the new blog, and plan to meet up with us at some point (soon). We have a monthly schedule pretty well mapped out for the rest of 2012–we meet on the 3rd Saturday of each month (today was an exception).

Today, people suggested some non-Saturday-informal events-gatherings- field trips-get togethers. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with.  This was my “show and share” for today. It’s my Streetscape in Triangles on the Navy Memorial’s fountains, in front of the National Archives. I had a quilt. I had a great backdrop. And all I had was my iphone. Next time…

And now, back to Teacher Appreciation Week prep…. National Archives-around the corner from DCMQG meeting

This entry was posted in Favorite Things, Quilts, Sewing + Friends and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted April 28, 2012 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

I love your quilt! I wish our MQG would get off the ground, 3 meetings in the last 6 months.

dxx

2. Posted April 28, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Permalink

Wow – love the palette and the design. Did you place randomly or really play with the placement? It just works so well! Beautiful.

3. Posted April 29, 2012 at 1:57 am | Permalink

What a gorgeous quilt! I really love the mix of solids and prints you chose. And the colors are so vibrant and beautiful!

4. Posted April 29, 2012 at 4:57 am | Permalink

Great quilt, great photo!

5. Posted April 29, 2012 at 10:43 am | Permalink

Great photo location! Our meetings are on Thursday nights, so not really light enough yet for photos, but give it another month!

6. Posted April 29, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous quilt Katie!

7. Posted April 30, 2012 at 12:15 am | Permalink

Beautiful quilt and what a great location for the photo. It must be great living in DC!!