Bee Blocks // Sewn

do.good stitchesIt’s been an interesting week of missing things: a church event that I was co-in charge of, my book group (we read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan), and seeing Wendell Berry at the Kennedy Center, which kind of broke my heart.   Hannah Coulter is one of my favorite books and I think Wendell Berry is inspiring and fantastic. But every time we walked outside, my 2 year old pointed to the flowers they planted while I was in Utah and said, “Mama, these flowers are for yoooooooooou!”  Which is something wonderful.

I read the Hunger Games trilogy and had nightmares for four days. Being sick has a tendency to take you away from the sewing machine, and tv just wasn’t cutting it.  I’m grateful for antibiotics and (unsuccessfully trying to learn) patience. Thank you, kind friends. Thank you, Jayme.  And thank you, Deborah, for reminding me I owed you these long overdue blocks! Aren’t they cool?

do good stitches

I sent these blocks to Deborah at Whipstitch. If you would like to read a beautiful post on why she sews (and why I sew, and probably you, if you sew), I recommend it.  Happy weekend! I hope it includes a bit of fun, time to rest, and some magic.   Block Tutorial: January Sew Mama Sew Modern BOM by Handmade by Alissa.

This entry was posted in Quilt Blocks, Sewn and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted April 27, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

Those are just beautiful blocks!

2. Posted April 27, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

I ama really liking these blocks.

3. Posted April 27, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

Oooh, I LOVE those blocks and am definitely considering that tutorial for my bee month in January. :)

Feel better soon.

4. Deborah
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

These are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sending them to me–they’re going to be perfect in this quilt. And thanks for your kind words (again) about my post–I’m so glad you took the time to read it, especially when you’ve been feeling ill!

5. Posted April 27, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

Feeling better?

6. Posted April 28, 2012 at 3:07 am | Permalink

I hope your starting to feel better. Being sick is never fun. The same thing happened to me when I read the books. I read all three in like five days. I felt oddly depressed when I finished the third book and it took a week at least for me to not think about it and or dream about them. What did you think of the last book? I love this block and haven’t had the chance to make mine yet. I really love the colors you picked out. I hope your weekend goes well and have a wonderful night!
    January

7. Posted April 28, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

I like those blocks. The colors and pattern are right up my alley

8. Patti