Bright Improv Blocks // Works in Progress

I really do love the saturated color in Cosmic Burst by Mark Cesarik. I wanted to do something that showcased color, and I’m happy with the result.  Late one night, I was tired of working on projects for deadlines, self imposed and otherwise.  I sat. I didn’t think.  I just grabbed fabric from this stack and sewed.  I had planned to arrange the blocks this way on a white background for a baby quilt. But I really like them with the color of the wood instead. I’ll have to dig through my stash and see what I can find…
Edited to Add: My Stained Glass Windows Mini Quilt is featured at Quiltstory today. Thanks, Heather and Megan!

This entry was posted in Quilt Blocks, Works In Progress and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted April 11, 2012 at 10:52 am | Permalink

I love your Cosmic Burst blocks so far, and you’re right, the color of the wood really looks nice with them! Your husband is too funny, I could totally see my husband doing something like that…if he actually used Twitter 😉

2. Posted April 11, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Cosmic burst of energy. It looks like it will be a fantastic quilt. A darker background will really let the colors pop and I’m sure it will be fantastic :)

3. Posted April 11, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Pretty blocks! The colors really are eye-catching!

4. Posted April 11, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

I agree – the color is so deep and rich in Cosmic burst. Your blocks look great so far.

5. Posted April 11, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Love your Cosmic Burst blocks. Such rich color! Deb.

6. Nik at boldgoods.com
    Posted April 11, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

I love those bright blocks with the brown background, can’t wait to see what you do!

7. Posted April 12, 2012 at 5:22 am | Permalink

Your husband is very funny!

8. Posted April 16, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

i absolutely LOVE what you did with those Cosmic Burst charms! the colors really shine against those solids :)