Sewing with Friends // 100 Quilts for Kids

It’s a mid-week blog hop post for 100 Quilts for Kids. Kim from My Go-Go Life lives about an hour from me, and she has graciously hosted a few sewing days at her house. Kim is just as gracious and fun in person as she is on her blog. And she makes beautiful things (and has a daughter that my children adore. Bonus!) I think she has figured out by now my habit of leaving things behind accidentally, ensuring that I will be back another day. :)  This is a picture of Kim, me, Em from Sewing by Moonlight, and Deb, who just moved to the area (and I hope to see again at a DC Modern meeting!)

The Midway Sewing Group
In a nod to Work In Progress Wednesday, I’m excited to quilt two quilt tops my mom made for 100 Quilts for Kids. She based them on Don’t Call Me Betsy’s Sliced Coins Quilt Along. I love this one–its using fabrics I loved but was never going to get around using! Bonus–she is going to bind them too!
Sliced Coins-made by my mom!
This entry was posted in Favorite Things, Sewing + Friends, Works In Progress and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted August 22, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

What a pretty color combo. I am loving orange lately and it looks great with those other colors!

2. Posted August 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Permalink

Love how this pattern showcases the beautiful fabrics!

3. Posted August 22, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

I love the colors against the white. It really makes them pop! came over from WIP

4. Posted August 22, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

Love the colours in the coins, and isn’t Kim fab? Wish I could drop by for a sewing day with her…

5. Posted August 23, 2012 at 2:55 am | Permalink

WOW, your mom’s quilt top is great! Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday.

6. Posted August 24, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Pretty. Mine is finished I just need to blog about it and find out how to donate it to the Children’s hospital