Roller Coasters & Baby Quilts

I’m headed home after a wonderful week in Northern California visiting my parents. Its hard to leave a week of playing at the park, sewing, eating, swimming, going to the beach, and sewing some more. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the perfect week. We only wish my husband could have come. Work really gets in the way of fun, sometimes.

I did learn two funny things about my children:

1. My daughter is fiercely protective of her older brother, especially if she thinks he is going to be thrown into the pool.

2. Both of my kids LOVE kiddie roller coasters. We had a blast at Santa Cruz’s boardwalk (dollar night to boot!)  If you squint you can see Grandpa and my son in the very back of the coaster.

This is my work in progress for the week–it’s a shot of the back of a smaller baby quilt, mid quilting. Love this paisely free-motion quilting, it’s my new go-to pattern. More pictures to come of this quilt (the front is kind of crazy!), hopefully, once we get unpacked and settled into the routine of school.
7885683028 e9a658d9bd Roller Coasters & Baby Quilts

Linked to WIP Wednesday and Fabric Tuesday
7881213076 68afbe55b7 Roller Coasters & Baby Quilts

This entry was posted in Quilts, Works In Progress. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted August 29, 2012 at 10:05 am | Permalink

I really like that paisley quilting design too, and your colors are very appealing.

2. Posted August 29, 2012 at 11:48 am | Permalink

So nice to get to go “home” to CA and visit with the family. That quilting is fabulous! You aren’t kidding when you said the book changed your life. I so have to get that book in my hands for realz.

3. Posted August 29, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

That’s such an artsy shot of the boardwalk I almost didn’t recognize it – dollar night’s the best, hope you got to eat some cotton candy too!

4. Posted August 29, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

Love your paisley quilting motif! I’ve been on the hunt for something to use on my groovy quilt. May be somewhat above my skill level though!

5. Posted August 29, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

You are rocking out the quilting, woman! Glad you had a good trip.

6. Posted August 29, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Permalink

I love when little brother takes up for big brother, especially for things like my forgetting to give big brother a kiss. Or god forbid I give big brother a good scolding. I didn’t have a sibling until I was 12, so seeing that bond gives me both giggles and a warm heart.

7. Posted August 29, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Permalink

I was squinting at your photo of the board walk trying to decide if that was Santa Cruz (I live in Soquel) I finally read the line above. Well it looks like the weather was OK?! Have you ever been to our local guild? We have a very active guild. And we have at least 3 small quilt groups dedicated to charitable quilts, people after your own heart! I enjoyed looking at your quilts. The color combos are great and the patterns too! Nice clam shells too. cheers, Claire W.

8. Posted August 30, 2012 at 4:46 am | Permalink

beautiful quilting and i love your colors!