Scrappy Trip Along // Works in Progress

Perhaps you have seen the Scrappy Trip Along, either on Instagram (#scrappytripalong), Flickr (group here), or around the web?  This informal quilt along (started by Megan, Brenda, and Katy) spread like wildfire a few weeks ago.  It’s quite the brilliant take on a traditional Trip Around the World quilt (tutorial here).

#scrappytripalong baby quilt ready to be basted!\

I hope to find time to baste, quilt, and bind this baby quilt in the next few days. Sewing is (sadly) near the bottom of my current Works In Progress list. January has been filled with cooking healthy meals, running (outside, even, thanks to some temperate winter weather), organizing closets, trips to Goodwill, and strep throat. I have  few more weeks of organizing and cleaning and getting life in order around here, and then I hope to spend a bit more time sewing (and blogging!)

Anything fun on your To Do list? Or any great tips for organizing closets? Because let me tell you, its fun stuff.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
This entry was posted in Sew Alongs, Works In Progress. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted January 16, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

I’ve got lots and lots of work on my list and little time to sew. I like your list better :) and I dig your scrappy trip quilt :)

2. Posted January 17, 2013 at 1:43 am | Permalink

Lovely colors in your scrap quilt! I love to organize and purge in my home, but since closet space is something I lack, I can’t help you. Sorry!

3. Posted January 17, 2013 at 3:32 am | Permalink

I clean my closets but never seem to stay organized. Love seeing the scrappy trips all over blog land!

4. Posted January 17, 2013 at 4:40 am | Permalink

Oooh, you’ve got Mendocino in your Scrappy Trip Along! How did I not notice that before? How are you thinking of quilting it?

And can I just tell you again that I am so happy you’re coming to Quilt Con!? : )

5. Posted January 17, 2013 at 6:03 am | Permalink

Ah, oh…I might have a new favorite Scrappy trip along. I hope you are all feeling better.

6. Posted January 17, 2013 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

I love your #scrappytripalong!

7. Posted January 17, 2013 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

It’s so important to get yourself organized. When my house is in chaos around me, it makes chaos in my mind & body as well. Sometimes I just have to stop for awhile and clean out the sock drawer and look after things. It’s all about balance.

8. Posted January 20, 2013 at 2:16 am | Permalink

it looks like you’ve used an eclectic bunch of fabrics. i look forward to seeing the full quilt top :)

9. Posted January 20, 2013 at 2:41 am | Permalink

Love your colors in this. I’m working on one slowly ; )

10. Posted January 21, 2013 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

I love the colours in your trip…can’t wait to see the whole thing together :o)