Teaching & Grand Re-Opening at LQS

Spread the word! I’m teaching an Introduction to Foundation Piecing at Capital Quilts in Gaithersburg, MD on February 8 from 10:30am-1:00pm. The classes at Capital Quilts are very affordable, and I think it is going to be a lot of fun.

8146711034 b48160c6bc b Teaching & Grand Re Opening at LQS

I will be teaching a Spiderweb block–something simple and achievable, even if you have never foundation pieced with fabric (or paper).  Here is my version from the Sweet Celebrations Book–the class sample is in progress and is full of bright, happy spring colors.

Here is the class description:
In this class, we will be learning the basics of foundation piecing, or sewing fabric to a fabric foundation. The quilt design incorporates a traditional kite or spiderweb block with a modern aesthetic, including a variety of neutral solids, bold prints, and negative space. We will talk about color, design, and precision piecing as we work on the blocks in a relaxed environment.

The class catalog is here.

new%20banner%202 Teaching & Grand Re Opening at LQS

Also, if you are local, Capital Quilts is having a Grand Re-Opening Party tomorrow from 12pm-5pm. They have new and improved classroom space, and its sure to be a lot of fun. Friends, food, and presentations on 1st Quarter Classes from 1:30-2:30.

This entry was posted in Teaching. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted January 5, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

Good luck with your class Katie. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I have the book with this quilt in it. I should bring it and have you sign it!
    Linda F.

2. Posted January 6, 2013 at 1:05 am | Permalink

I’m so excited that you will be teaching a class at Capital Quilts!! I may have to take this one. I am looking forward to seeing their new space!

3. Posted January 6, 2013 at 2:20 am | Permalink

Good luck with the class–I wish I were there. I grew up in the DC area. Too bad I can’t use a class as an excuse to go home …

4. Posted January 6, 2013 at 7:14 am | Permalink

It looks like so much fun! Never really used foundation piecing, but I keep seeing amazing blocks on blogs… Have a great time!

5. Posted January 7, 2013 at 4:20 am | Permalink

good luck teaching. I know you will be a wonderful teacher.

6. Posted January 10, 2013 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

Katie! This is so exciting! I’m sure you will be a wonderful teacher. What a great opportunity.

7. Posted January 10, 2013 at 11:58 pm | Permalink

I was tickled to read this because I taught paper-piecing for several years before I moved from AZ and many, many years ago, I lived in Gaithersburg.

It’s a small quilting world ~ Mary

8. Posted January 14, 2013 at 2:47 am | Permalink

Congrats on getting your class up and going. Love the quilt patern you will be teaching.

9. Posted January 14, 2013 at 2:56 am | Permalink

I wish I lived closer! I’d love to take a class on that. Best of luck with your class!

10. Posted January 14, 2013 at 6:53 am | Permalink

Congrats, that is really fun! It’s a really pretty quilt! Is the sample hanging in the store?

11. Posted January 15, 2013 at 1:30 am | Permalink

Hey! That’s in my neighborhood! Maybe I should take your class!

12. Posted January 28, 2013 at 1:42 am | Permalink

wish I could take your class, but can’t wait to hear about it!