WIP Wednesday: EPP & A Little About Me

Hi, friends! I am heading to Quilt Con, a modern quilting conference, in Austin early tomorrow morning, and thought I would follow The Modern Quilt Guild’s suggestion and share a few things about myself that you might not know. [If you read number 4, you might think that I am just procrastinating packing. That is not, in fact, true :]

8493108088 0f3782dc9f b WIP Wednesday: EPP & A Little About Me

1. I love to see new places, but I am no fun in the car unless I have a hand sewing project to work on. I usually bind quilts, but on our way to Blackwater Falls, I decided to try my hand at English Paper Piecing (EPP) instead. Turns out, it’s a lot of fun! I’m planning on taking hexagons to Quiltcon… just in case I get antsy. I figure, what better place?

8491999195 987e94ae5f b WIP Wednesday: EPP & A Little About Me8493107014 1913d9e2b0 b WIP Wednesday: EPP & A Little About Me

2. I lived in Jerusalem for 4 months in 2000 on an intensive language study abroad. I remember (and use) my Hebrew about as much as you would expect, 13 years later.  It was a lovely and fascinating experience, one I’m sure I would appreciate more now than I did then.

3. I tend to do everything in “fast’” mode. I read fast, I eat fast, I (wish I could) run fast. I am not a perfectionist. See #4.

4. Sometimes I wonder if I do everything fast because I am a procrastinator. I am trying to work on said procrastination.

5. In my perfect world, it would always be 68-82 degrees, I would have a sewing room, and someone else would clean my house.

Bonus: I love pralines  Love. I happen to have some from Charleston in my house right now, and they are sooooo good. Thanks, Lolo!

This entry was posted in Sewing + Friends, Works In Progress. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 20, 2013 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

I love your hexes! I’m a book blogger who is a wannabe quilter and I’ve recently started making hexes (well, have about 200 done). I find it lets me watch TV with my husband in the evening without too much idle hand quilt. ;) Good luck with the trip and enjoy QuiltCon. I’ve always enjoyed your blog–silently–but wanted to say hi today.

2. Posted February 20, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

I’m with you on #5 (and #4, really). Have fun at QuiltCon!

3. Posted February 20, 2013 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

אני מעריצה של הבלוג שלך, והעבודות שלך מקסימות! כל הכבוד!
    דרך אגב- כאן בחיפה הטמפרטורות הן 68-82 מעלות, והשמש זורחת כל יום…

Love yor blog and your work is wonderful!
    btw – here in Haifa, Israel it’s 68-82 degrees and the sun shines every day

Thanks for sharing with us, you are a great inspiration!

4. Posted February 20, 2013 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

What do you plan to do with these? Have a Fabulous trip.

5. Posted February 21, 2013 at 2:16 am | Permalink

LOL! This is awesome. I’m totally taking some EPP with me, too. A little quilting lecture, a little hand sewing – sounds great to me!

6. Posted February 21, 2013 at 5:32 am | Permalink

i am a fast one too! the sewing machine rattles everyone else on the table because of the lightning speed. :)

7. Posted February 21, 2013 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

have fun at quilt con! i too am a procrastinator…and then fast doer in order to mark things off my list. i’ve got it pretty bad. maybe a support group is in order. as long as we can sew hexies during meetings it wouldn’t be so bad.

8. Posted February 21, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Permalink

Very cool! I’m a procrastinator, too, and frequently speed through things because of it so I get you.
    Your Jerusalem stay must have been fantastic! Hebrew is on the list of languages I’d like to learn but probably don’t have time in this life for… I did a similar intensive in Russia in 2003 and am saddened by how much of it I’ve lost. I don’t get a chance to practice very often.

Have fun at QuiltCon! (So jealous… :-)