Hi, friends! I am heading to Quilt Con, a modern quilting conference, in Austin early tomorrow morning, and thought I would follow The Modern Quilt Guild’s suggestion and share a few things about myself that you might not know. [If you read number 4, you might think that I am just procrastinating packing. That is not, in fact, true :]
1. I love to see new places, but I am no fun in the car unless I have a hand sewing project to work on. I usually bind quilts, but on our way to Blackwater Falls, I decided to try my hand at English Paper Piecing (EPP) instead. Turns out, it’s a lot of fun! I’m planning on taking hexagons to Quiltcon… just in case I get antsy. I figure, what better place?
2. I lived in Jerusalem for 4 months in 2000 on an intensive language study abroad. I remember (and use) my Hebrew about as much as you would expect, 13 years later. It was a lovely and fascinating experience, one I’m sure I would appreciate more now than I did then.
3. I tend to do everything in “fast'” mode. I read fast, I eat fast, I (wish I could) run fast. I am not a perfectionist. See #4.
4. Sometimes I wonder if I do everything fast because I am a procrastinator. I am trying to work on said procrastination.
5. In my perfect world, it would always be 68-82 degrees, I would have a sewing room, and someone else would clean my house.
Bonus: I love pralines Love. I happen to have some from Charleston in my house right now, and they are sooooo good. Thanks, Lolo!