Star Bright Quilt // Finished Modern Quilt

Star Bright Quilt

Note: There is a free pattern and charm pack giveaway from Lavender Quilts as part of 100 Quilts for Kids that will be posted in the next few days–please check back soon!

I loved making this quilt for my six week old nephew! It uses half square triangles and a star motif similar (but different) to this quilt I made for another new nephew.  I got to deliver this one on Tuesday as well, and let me say–my nephew is cuddly and adorable and I wish I lived nearby.

Star Bright Quilt 2

The geek in me loved that the backing for this quilt is Lizzy House’s Moon Phase Polkadot. Stars and Moons, kind of fun. The binding is my very favorite Lizzy House stripe from Hello Pilgrim. It is the perfect blue and the perfect stripe.

Star Bright Quilting Detail 2

I loved quilting this quilt–the background is an assortment of black, gray, and low volume prints. I quilted the background in wavy vertical lines using a free motion quilting foot. The white solid star is quilted in horizontal straight (ish) lines–I used my walking quilt for these lines.

Star Bright Quilting Detail

Star Bright Quilt Binding

This entry was posted in Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted August 16, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

It looks gorgeous! Haha I love the fabric geek part – I totally would have done the same 😉 I also really love how you balanced out all of those background squares. Genius!

Posted August 17, 2013 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

Fabric geeks unite! I knew I wasn’t the only one out there. Sometimes we just have to do silly things that make us smile, eh?

2. Posted August 16, 2013 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

Really like this.

3. Posted August 16, 2013 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

Love this so pretty and simple!

4. Posted August 16, 2013 at 10:41 pm | Permalink

What an adorable print. I love the pop of blue that the binding gives the quilt, and of course it’s so awesome that you quilt your own quilts :-)

Posted August 17, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

thanks, Christa. I actually enjoy quilting the smaller quilts. Its the big ones that get me. :)

5. Posted August 17, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

I like this one too! I’m digging the off-centered star, and I like that there is bright yellow but the quilt as a whole stays subdued.

Posted August 17, 2013 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

Thank you–this comment made me smile because that was the effect I was going for–something subdued that didn’t feel boring. happy sewing.

6. Posted August 21, 2013 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

Absolutely adorable!

7. Posted August 22, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

Thanks for this! I still want to get a quilt done for 100 Quilts for Kids, and this would definitely be fun to try!

• Posted August 22, 2013 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

Guess I posted on the finished quilt post – meant to thank you for the pattern in the next post!

8. Posted August 22, 2013 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

Beautiful – love the balance of the background texts and then the pop of yellow.

9. Posted August 26, 2013 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

Really sweet quilt, boy or girl. I have a question about the quilting. Love the difference I quilting with the star and a kground. But how do you treat the places that you have to stop? Like each waves line going down has to start and stop at the star and ea h line of the star was a start and stop. Would love some feedback on how you secure this sewing. Thanks so much! Susan

10. Posted August 30, 2013 at 12:21 am | Permalink

I think I need to make this quilt too

11. Posted September 29, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

Thank you for this darling do-able quilt pattern. I will use this with a smile because I will be able to make 3x the # of quilts for those in need in the same time as my current pattern. Weeeeooooo!