Wonky Star Quilt Block // Sewing + Friends

100Quilts4Kids_StarBlock_SwimBikeQuilt

If you are local (or even local-ish), I would love to have you join me and my sewing friends (many from the DC Modern Quilt Guild) for a charity sewing day! (100 Quilts for Kids is right around the corner–how are your quilts coming??)

I am hosting a sewing day at the Central Arlington Library on Saturday, September 28, 2013. It is open to everyone, and if you are thinking of joining the DC Modern Quilt Guild, it doesn’t “count” as one of your free guest meetings.

This entry was posted in 100 Quilts for Kids, Quilt Blocks, Sewing + Friends. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Pat
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

I just might do that! Have to figure out if I can squeeze it in. :) I lived right across the street from that library for years (years and years and years ago).

Posted September 12, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

Hope to see you!!

2. Barbara Corbitt
    Posted September 6, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

I love the star block you made, it is so cute! babscorbitt@ gmail dot com

3. Posted September 6, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

I’ll be there! It will be my first meeting with DC Modern this year and I can’t wait!

Posted September 12, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

Hurray! I look forward to seeing you!

4. Posted September 6, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

This sounds like a great event. My guild (Gainesville Modern Quilters) did a UFO swap and made quilts for 100 Quilts for Kids. At this week’s meeting we gathered about six quilts to donate to Peaceful Paths, a local resource for women and children. I linked up! Thanks for the inspiration–this was a really great motivator for our guild!

Posted September 12, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much for including the link! I’m so glad your guild participated, and I LOVE the star quilt!

5. Posted September 6, 2013 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

My sewing group is scheduled to make some quilts for 100 Quilts for Kids on Sept 14th. We will see how many we can get done. Have a great time at your event!

Posted September 12, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

I hope you guys have a great time this weekend! Can’t wait to see the quilts.

6. Posted September 7, 2013 at 2:21 am | Permalink

Nice, the idea is lovely wish I was close by to stop in :-)

Posted September 12, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

And we would love to have you!

7. Posted September 8, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Love the star….. hope you have a great day together.