DS Fabric for Charity Quilts // Favorite Things

Fabric Traditions by DS Quilts

I love fabric. Chances are, if you read sewing and quilting blogs, you do too. Julie from DS Quilts contacted me earlier this month to see if I could use some fabric for 100 Quilts for Kids. It took about 30 seconds for me to say yes! These lovely rolls of fabric came in the mail–some of it will be used for next year’s 100 Quilts, and some will be used for a charity pillowcase project at Mid-Atlantic Mod: a modern quilting retreat. Sign ups for the retreat will be open to all on November 1, so if you are interested, mark your calendar! And thanks, Fabric Traditions for the donation of DS Quilts Collection fabrics.

Have a great weekend. I’m speaking on the publishing process tomorrow at a DC Modern Quilt Guild meeting, and then I get to pick my parents up from the airport!

This entry was posted in 100 Quilts for Kids, Favorite Things and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted October 18, 2013 at 7:02 am | Permalink

How thoughtful of Julie to donate those lovely fabrics for your worthy causes, Katie! I am sure they will make some pretty pillow cases and beautiful quilts. Have a wonderful time at the guild meeting and hope you have a terrific weekend visiting with your parents!

2. Ruthann
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

How wonderful!

3. Posted October 18, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

You always are involved in so much good work. I admire you.

4. Posted October 19, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

that’s fantastic! quilts for kids in need and free fabric- win-win!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

5. Patricia Heustess
    Posted April 11, 2016 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

Thank you for donating for charity quilts. We who sew and “give away” are always looking for material. My sister and I make baby sized quilts for the Sacramento County Sheriffs chaplains guild. These fine people volunteer their “on call” time to helping victims of traumatic events. Most of these victims are children. If you know of other persons who donate, please let me know. Thank you

Posted April 15, 2016 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

What a great service you do. If you send me your address, I would be happy to send you a box of fabric!