Summer Swimming // The Great Outdoors

Swimming_SwimBikeQuilt

Love this picture of my (now) 7 year old swimming a lap for the first time.

Inspiration can be a tricky thing, in art and in life.  Too much can be overwhelming.  Too little can leave you feeling out of sorts.

Sometimes you hit that sweet spot, and you are actually compelled to go and do something about it.

When that happens, you have to jump in with both feet.

This entry was posted in Great Outdoors, Swim, Bike, Run and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Carrie @Gotcha Covered Quilting
    Posted October 11, 2013 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

It’s tough to muster up enthusiasm when the inspiration is missing, so thank you for a bit of inspiration. I think I’ll get out on my bike tomorrow (after I change the flat from…uh…6 weeks ago). The pool is next!

Posted October 15, 2013 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Yeah, been there with the flat for far too long. Change that tire!! Enjoy– fall is a beautiful time to bike.

2. Posted October 11, 2013 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

I can relate Katie — during the summer months I swim in Keuka Lake (one of the NYS Finger Lakes). I normally start swimming about 3/4 of a mile 5 days a week once the water temp is above 65 degrees…. well when fall comes, it is a challenge to get in the water once it drops below 69! So walking is my alternative… I finally pushed myself to get out walking this week — considering the swimming temps just are not cooperating. Good for you on getting back in the pool — speaking from experience there is nothing like it!

Posted October 15, 2013 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Oh my goodness!!! That is kind of freezing. I bet you swim fast. I’m a cold weather wimp, so I’m not sure I could brave it. I’m very impressed. Happy Walking!

3. sandy B
    Posted October 12, 2013 at 10:01 pm | Permalink

Good for you for getting back to the pool!! It is always a satisfying feeling of getting back there and swimming the laps.
    I do have a question for you since I know you have kids. How long after you gave birth were you able to venture back into the pool?

Posted October 15, 2013 at 11:12 am | Permalink

I had c-sections both times, so I’m probably not a good one to ask. I waited almost 3 months (my body doesn’t particularly heal well).

4. Sarah
    Posted October 13, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

I’ve been trying to gather enough inspiration to get back in the pool too.

Posted October 15, 2013 at 11:11 am | Permalink

Do it! You will be happy you did.

5. Posted October 14, 2013 at 1:16 am | Permalink

As much as I dislike indoor pools I sure wish I had one now so I could continue my summer swim challenge. Good for you for getting back in the water.

Posted October 15, 2013 at 11:11 am | Permalink

I’m with you. Outdoor pools are sooo much better! I swam at the Rec Center on a pay as you go basis before joining my gym. Maybe there is one near you?