Marmalade Squares (Two!) on the Moda Bake Shop // Tutorials

marmalade backing

My Marmalade Squares (Two!) Quilt is on the Moda Bake Shop today. [I broke my cardinal rule and didn’t google the title, so we added a Two! in there. Next time).

Marmalade Squares Tutorial

What, you say? Haven’t Bonnie and Camille designed 3 fabric lines since then? Yes, yes they have. I am operating under the world view that beautiful fabric is beautiful fabric, regardless of when it came out or is used. You too? Good!

IMG_1769

I made a quilt in this pattern last spring (as in 2012), got the fabric right as I started working on the book last summer, finished it this past spring, and 6 months later, the tutorial is finally done. We call that tortoise speed, around here. I’m happy the Moda Bake Shop team was gracious and is sharing it today.

IMG_2396

Anyway, the instructions are precise but it takes almost no time to stitch this quilt up! It is also a pattern that would be easy to improv piece, if you so desire.  And I don’t hear much about them in blogland, but the flannel that went with this line is soooo soft and lovely. And who doesn’t like candy striped binding??

marmalade binding

Happy quilting!

This entry was posted in Quilts, Tutorials and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Carrie @Gotcha Covered Quilting
    Posted October 16, 2013 at 9:12 am | Permalink

Just wondering if the little girl comes with the quilt? She’s adorable and I love the quilt!

2. Posted October 16, 2013 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Beautiful! The neutral is so pretty with palette of the prints. Is it a linen or just a flax colored solid? Love the binding! I am wondering how you hung the quilt on the wall? Your photography is really lovely. I really struggle with taking decent pictures of my quilts!

3. Vicki
    Posted October 16, 2013 at 11:08 am | Permalink

I love it! What a simple beautiful quilt! I think I’ll copy your idea soon.

4. Sarah
    Posted October 16, 2013 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

Just FABULOUS. putting it on my to do list for sure!

5. Katherine
    Posted October 16, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

I love it. I’m making my older daughter a sampler block of the month quilt and I just determined I’ll have about a charm pack left over. As soon as I make the December block, I’ll make this quilt for my younger daughter!

6. Joan Rodriguez
    Posted October 16, 2013 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

This was well worth the wait…another winner!

7. Posted October 16, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

Love this design, Katie. It’s adorable! Hope you don’t mind if I share this, with a link back, on my facebook page at http://facebook.com/sewfreshquilts

8. Posted October 16, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

This is a great quilt! I love when a simple design is so perfect!

9. Posted October 16, 2013 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

Oh that’s beautiful, Katie!! Can’t wait to make this one up!!

10. billiemick
    Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:23 am | Permalink

The quilt and the little girl are both adorable.

11. Liz
    Posted November 2, 2013 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

Love this!

Posted November 4, 2013 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

Thank you!

12. nolongeraboutme
    Posted November 5, 2013 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

I just made this quilt top today. It’s such a cute pattern!

13. Beatrice
    Posted February 17, 2015 at 3:57 am | Permalink

Hello, I’m late to the party but I still have some of the Marmalade fabric and would like to use your pattern.
    Note: the link to the pattern in your post is “dead”. Your pattern is now here:
    Has the pdf been fixed? Thank you and keep up the good work! Beatrice (from France).

Posted February 25, 2015 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

thanks for the note, sorry for the late response. We are getting ready to sell our house again. I am actually not sure. I can do a double check on that in the next little while. I’m assuming they have been fixed…

katie