Lush Modern Baby Quilt // Works in Progress

Lush Quilt by SwimBikeQuilt

Isn’t this deer great?!? I bought a fat quarter bundle of the feature prints from the Lush/Uptown reprint (Designer:Erin Michael for Moda Fabrics) this summer, and was so happy to chop it up and make this quilt top with my friend Becky over the weekend!

We had planned to use half square triangles left over from this quilt and this quilt for my two newest nephews, because it would be a quick and easy baby gift. However, when I remembered I had this fabric, it was TOO perfect not to use. Sometimes perfect is better than fast. And is it turns out, this quilt is based on a Red Letter Day quilt I made my daughter a few years ago, and it’s pretty fast too. I’m working on a pattern for it (if I say that, hopefully I will have to hold myself to it). I love the occasional pattern that showcases prints you don’t want to cut up!

Lush + Botanics by SwimBikeQuilt

I was hoping to mix Lush with Carolyn Friedlander’s new line, Botanics (see above) but it wasn’t in the cards. I kind of want to throw Botanics into every project I’m working on.

New Sewing Table by SwimBikeQuiltAnd happily, after about 30 minutes of searching, I found both the power cord AND the right foot for my Janome, and was so happy stitching parts of the quilt up. Thank you dad, for the awesome Ikea hack! I love my new custom set in table (We started with this DIY Ikea Sewing Table by From Marta With Love and went from there.)

More about the sewing table here.

This entry was posted in Works In Progress and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted November 25, 2013 at 8:14 am | Permalink

I think this is the best quilt I’ve ever seen made with this fabric. BRAVO!

Posted November 25, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

wow! what a high compliment. thank you :)

2. Posted November 25, 2013 at 11:34 am | Permalink

Love the quilt top. Simple and effective.

3. Posted November 25, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

This is a wonderful use of this fabric and will be sure to be a favorite for your nephews.

Posted November 25, 2013 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

Thanks!!! I can’t wait to get this one quilted up. Seeing the beautiful quilts at your guild helped me get excited about sewing again. So thank you for that!

4. Posted November 25, 2013 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

Love this soooo much, I’ve pinned it!

5. Posted November 25, 2013 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

Lovely quilt top but I got distracted by your Janome! I am on the verge of buying one and wonder how you like yours.

Posted November 25, 2013 at 9:23 pm | Permalink

thanks! and i sent you an email about the janome. A short answer, in case anyone is interested… I have a Janome 8900. I don’t love it. But I like it enough to build a custom table for it!

6. Posted November 26, 2013 at 10:05 am | Permalink

i love this fabric! what a perfectly simple quilt top – i love the off-set rows. I will definitely add this to the list of designs to make one day!

7. Posted November 26, 2013 at 10:05 am | Permalink

love your quilt!! that fabric is fantastic!!

Posted November 26, 2013 at 11:57 am | Permalink

Thanks so much! and thanks for stopping by.

8. Posted November 26, 2013 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

I agree you sometimes definitely need a basic layout to showcase a print, looking forward to seeing it finished.