RJR Solids Quilt // Works In Progress

RJR Cotton Supreme Solids

Color is an interesting thing.  Last weekend, I made a quilt top using these solids from RJR–I will be sharing it in a few weeks as part of a blog hop organized by Pink Castle Fabrics.  Anyway, my quilt looks positively neon. My son told me that was a good thing, but I admit to being surprised that this color combination, while admittedly cheery (I was hoping for spring when I selected the colors) turned out neon.

Anyway, I love solids, and I always like trying a new brand. I’m a fan of these, by the way. They have a decent hand (they aren’t flimsy) but still manage to be pretty soft, and even have a slight sheen to them.

I’m looking forward to sharing my quilt in a few weeks! And I’m thrilled to say that school is back in session today after two snow days this week. We have already had 13 snow days this year. I guess I will be in charge of the 4th of July party. Sigh.

Linked up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

This entry was posted in Quilt Blocks, Works In Progress and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted March 5, 2014 at 11:46 am | Permalink

I love these colors, and am excited to see the finished product.

I keep grousing about our lack of snow days in Denver this year (esp as I now work at a school and would get to stay home and sew!) but then I am reminded that we won’t have to go into summer…

Posted March 11, 2014 at 11:24 am | Permalink

Snow days are a funny thing, eh? Much more fun when there is actually snow. We cancel on the threat of snow. And thanks. It has been a fun project to work on.

2. Ruthann
    Posted March 5, 2014 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

I can see where the quilt would be bright and colorful and in our monochromatic world of endless winter I just say ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted March 11, 2014 at 11:25 am | Permalink

hopefully spring comes soon, right? It’s supposed to be 65 today but I’m sitting in my living room with my wool coat on, so I’m not so sure…

3. Posted March 5, 2014 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

this color combination is simply amazing! Just what I think: it doesn’t always need all those fancy prints.

Posted March 11, 2014 at 11:25 am | Permalink

thanks so much. And yes, I agree. Sometimes I just love solids!

4. Neame
    Posted March 25, 2014 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

Charise has your place listed as providing more info on RJR cottons today (3/21). How do I find that post? Thanks!

Posted March 30, 2014 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Hi–I’ve had to postpone due to some health issues. Hopefully I will post pictures later this spring. thanks!