Hand Sewing Hexagons // Works In Progress

Hexies

Before our move, I went through all of my projects, project bundles, and fabric, trying to decide what I wanted to keep, what I wanted to donate, and what I wanted to destash. Thanks to everyone who bought fabric from me on Instagram (@swimbikequilt or @swimbikequiltdestash). I spent 2 full days listing, billing, packing, printing, and shipping packages. Phew!

Since I found out a few weeks ago that we are having a baby girl, I pulled this project back out. I’m not sure if it will become a pillow, or a wall hanging or a quilt for this baby. I’m thinking something a little smaller. I love this fabric (Posy by Aneela Hoey) and hope my little one loves to read, too.

This entry was posted in Works In Progress and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Valerie Reynolds
    Posted July 9, 2014 at 8:50 am | Permalink

COngrats on your little girl news! This fabric is a favorite of mine too and we be adorable whatever you decide to create! :)

2. Posted July 10, 2014 at 4:52 am | Permalink

Really cute, and this fabric is perfect for a little girl.

3. Nancy E
    Posted July 10, 2014 at 10:47 am | Permalink

This will be so pretty for a little girl. The Hexies are such a good way to show off the line. I have a FQ in the soft blue-green but no selvage info and now I know, thanks to your post, who designed the line. Good luck with your move and best wishes for the new baby and her family.

Posted July 19, 2014 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

I’m so glad I could help identify the fabric! Thanks for the congratulations.

4. Posted July 10, 2014 at 10:57 pm | Permalink

Oh no! You moved before I could meet you! I was in the Franconia ward, and now Kingstowne. I as excited when I bought your book and figured out we were kind of neighbors! Congrats on baby girl. That is happy news indeed!

Posted July 19, 2014 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

Oh no! What a bummer. We probably passed each other in the halls as I was in the A2 ward! Thanks for the congrats, and happy sewing. p.s. you should think about joining the DC Modern Quilt Guild if you haven’t already. It is a really great group of quilters/sewists!

5. Posted July 11, 2014 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

Congratulations!!!

6. Sarah J.
    Posted July 18, 2014 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Love your hexis and I am now obsessed with Aneela Hoey’s prints (I’m new”ish” to quilting and still learning all the fun fabric designers)! They are right up my little girl’s alley- thanks for sharing!

Posted July 19, 2014 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

I’m so glad! She makes the best fabric :)