It’s been almost a month since my last blog post, so I thought I’d pop in to say hi. I was lucky to spend the last week at a beautiful house on the Delta (Discovery Bay, California) with my parents, siblings + spouses, nieces + nephews, and kids. Isn’t this such a pretty shot? I’m pretty sure all of us stole my younger sister’s picture. We spent our time boating, eating, laughing, playing, reading, and being together. We just missed my husband, who recently started a new job and couldn’t come.
I still have bad days and good days (27 weeks into this pregnancy. I will survive. Right?), but I think the distraction was good for me. And I’m so grateful that everyone took such good care of me and my kids, and let me retreat to the quiet bedroom/sleep when I needed to. I’m a lucky girl.
I belong to a family of daredevils, of which I am not one, but its fun cheering for the crazies as they do all of their wakeboarding/surfing tricks. It was great fun to see my son wakeboard for the first time, and my daughter finally participated in the fun (after bribing her with the opportunity to buy something at Target. At least she knows what she likes!)
I’m hoping to blog a bit more before school starts. I have so many things to share!
- A few book reviews, including one I have a pattern in: Craft Bomb Your Bike: 20 Makes for You and Your Bike
- My Braddock Road Quilt, featured in the July/August 2014 issue of Quiltmaker
- A few baby quilts I made this winter/spring before I got sick
- My finished 100 Quilts for Kids quilt– still plenty of time to make and donate one. Some really great prizes at Quilts in the Queue too!
- New liberty fabric for a baby quilt! Figured it was worth the splurge this time
- A Cotton + Steel work in progress, which I hope will become a quilt for my bed in the new house
- 2 in progress Noodlehead Road Trip Cases
Happy end of summer, everyone!