Group Baby Quilt // the most beautiful quilt in the world

IMG_9041

Yesterday, I received this quilt for my almost-here baby girl in the mail from my friend Dana Seltzer. I opened the box, pulled it out, and immediately burst into tears. Happy tears, missing friends tears, totally overwhelmed with love tears.

IMG_9077

I gained my composure and then turned the quilt over, only to see a label with the names of 41 friends–quilting friends, quilt guild friends, long time friends, family members who are friends–and I started to cry again. My poor kids. They thought I was losing it.

IMG_9067

Everyone should feel so loved. The quilt was organized and pieced by Dana, quilted by Cindy Luby, and bound by Natalie Hardin. The color scheme is based on a fabric line called Lotus Pond by Rae Hoekstra–I love all of the prints in this line, and I love all of the coordinating fabric everyone used. (Let’s see how many times I can use the word “love” in one blog post.)

IMG_9053

The quilt top and back are pieced. What a labor of –you guessed it–love!

IMG_9083

There are too many blocks to take a photo of each one, so I just included a few close ups I took at the park yesterday.  Or rather, the quilt was too big for my 8 year old to hold, and everything was wet from the rain, so he helped by taking some photos.

IMG_9084

Isn’t this the sweetest touch? I love the November fabric.

IMG_9070

And the binding fabric–those frogs!

IMG_9087

Thank you to everyone who participated, from the bottom of my heart.

This entry was posted in Favorite Things, Quilts, Sewing + Friends and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Darlene M.
    Posted October 30, 2014 at 5:04 am | Permalink

It is beautiful….love ALL the great colors and fabrics. It is evident 41 hands of love went into this quilt. Baby Girl and Mama are going to love curling up together for years to come. Gosh…I, too, I’m getting a lot of “love” words in this reply….just can’t be helped!

2. Posted October 30, 2014 at 5:06 am | Permalink

THis is amazing! you are very lucky to be loved that much! such a blessing!!

3. Heather
    Posted October 30, 2014 at 7:50 am | Permalink

Yay! So glad it made its way to you. Dana did an amazing job. Hope the next few weeks go by quickly!

4. Posted October 30, 2014 at 8:05 am | Permalink

Quilters are the best :)

5. Duluthgirl
    Posted October 30, 2014 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Your guild mates made a wonderful quilt of LOVE for you! It is beautiful!

Posted November 6, 2014 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Yes, indeed. What a beautiful gift, for sure!

6. Posted October 30, 2014 at 10:47 am | Permalink

This is such a lovely quilt and such a lovely post to share it with us. You are surely loved!

Posted November 6, 2014 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much. Its been so wonderful!

7. Posted October 30, 2014 at 10:48 am | Permalink

What a nice surprise! And a lovely quilt.

8. ylmommyx4
    Posted October 30, 2014 at 10:54 am | Permalink

Gorgeous quilt and lovely sentiment behind each block. You are loved and deservedly so. ❤️

Posted November 6, 2014 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Thanks, Di. It is a treasure for sure!!!

9. Posted October 30, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Dana did such an amazing job, didn’t she! It turned out great and we can’t wait to see your sweet little one enjoying it!

Posted November 6, 2014 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Thank you Susan. I just absolutely love it!

10. Posted October 30, 2014 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

That frog binding is fantastic. It’s wonderful seeing a quilt serve it’s purpose, as this one clearly did — showing love through fabric.

Posted November 6, 2014 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

Yes, definitely!!! Showing love through fabric is the best.

11. Posted October 31, 2014 at 11:19 am | Permalink

This is super precious! It sparkles! <3

Posted November 6, 2014 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

It really does, doesn’t it? What a treasure.

12. Paula K.
    Posted November 1, 2014 at 6:01 am | Permalink

How lucky you are to have such great friends. What a beautiful quilt.

13. Posted November 1, 2014 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

What a treasure! Beautiful from the fabric to the thought and care that went into it!

14. Posted November 5, 2014 at 2:16 am | Permalink

beautiful! there is a lot of love in that quilt. and that froggy binding!!

15. Jamie Cooley
    Posted November 26, 2014 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

So glad you like it!!! Congrats to you and your family…Ellie is beautiful!