An Arizona Dress // Sewn

IMG_8748

Every little girl needs four Geranium dresses, right? The impressive part is that there are enough little options in the pattern–neckline, sleeves, etc., that each of the four versions are different! They don’t look like the *exact same dress.* Success!

My mom made this one in the spring out of Arizona fabric from April Rhodes. One thing I have learned from my mom–it is worth the extra time to hand sew the lining of the dress down, or finish the hem by hand. You can certainly make this entire dress by machine, but I love the precision of hand work. (Or at least, the precision of her hand work). Thanks, mom! And my daughter surprised me by saying she wants to match her little sister sometimes, so I think there might be *matching* Geranium dresses in my future!!! Unless of course my mom wants to make them, and then I will say, “yes, please!” (Rae has a free Little Geranium Dress pattern here. Score!)

Geranium #1
Geranium #2
Geranium #3

This entry was posted in Sewn and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted November 3, 2014 at 5:08 am | Permalink

Absolutely beautiful!! Perfect fabric and it must feel gorgeous too.

Posted November 6, 2014 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Art Gallery makes great dresses! Thanks!

2. HokieKate
    Posted November 3, 2014 at 8:19 am | Permalink

That’s a lovely dress, and matching Geraniums are so much fun. My girls have outgrown two sets already, and I’ll likely be making another matched set for next Easter.

Posted November 6, 2014 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

Yay! I didn’t expect her to want to match, so I think it will be fun. Does your little one inherit the big dress eventually? Two for 1 sewing!

• HokieKate
        Posted November 6, 2014 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

That’s the plan. The smallest of the hand-me-downs is a 2T, and little sister only wears 18m size clothes right now.

3. Posted November 3, 2014 at 8:32 am | Permalink

Those dresses are absolutely adorable! And I think you’ve created a little model – she loves posing.

Posted November 6, 2014 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

She definitely loves posing. Since she was teeny tiny. Thanks!

4. Posted November 3, 2014 at 8:56 am | Permalink

You’re so right. They are 4 completely different dresses. Is there a “winter” version? Long sleeves maybe?

Posted November 6, 2014 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

That’s a really smart idea. I have a cute knit pattern with long sleeves. I”m hoping my mom will want to try it out while she is here for the baby…. i bet norah can convince her, lol

5. Karen
    Posted November 5, 2014 at 7:13 pm | Permalink

Adorable dress and an even more adorable model!

Posted November 6, 2014 at 1:34 pm | Permalink