The Oregon Coast // The Great Outdoors

ArchCape2

Our impending move has been a little rough, so with Grandpa in town, we decided we had to make one more trip to the coast.

ArchCape

We had lunch in the forest and then walked a few hundred yards and played at the beach.

IMG_2850

It was perfect weather, sunshine with not a cloud in the sky. Or at least, not very many.

IMG_2933

We realized that 55 degrees in February was much warmer than 55 degrees in August.

SunsetArchCape

We ended up at Arch Cape quite by accident. Happy, happy. If you ignore the baby crying for the final half hour of the trip, and the extreme grumpiness near the end of many involved, which I am choosing to do, it was a perfect day.

This entry was posted in Great Outdoors and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 27, 2015 at 9:49 am | Permalink

It is hard to leave one beauty even if you know you are headed for another. Here’s to a good transition.

2. Posted February 27, 2015 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

I’m glad you had such a lovely last visit…

3. Posted February 28, 2015 at 8:20 am | Permalink

Beautiful pictures.

4. Posted February 28, 2015 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

Spectacular! We visited the Oregon coast last year and it is indeed breathtaking in many places. Your pictures are fantastic. Best of luck with the move!

5. Kristi
    Posted March 1, 2015 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

I’m sorry that you are leaving our beautiful state so soon! And, I was hoping to have you as a lecturer at one of my guild meetings while you were living in the Portland area. Oh well. Best of luck on your move!

6. Posted March 2, 2015 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

such a lovely series of photographs. I hope your move goes smoothly.

7. Posted March 3, 2015 at 9:45 am | Permalink

It looks like a beautiful trip. I recently read an article about happiness, and it said that exercise (taking a walk), being outdoors in nature, and being in a temperature around 50 degrees are all ways to be happy. Sounds like you found the perfect combination!