On the Road to Salt Lake City

IMG_2773

So, life is crazy and beautiful and unexpected

So sad to be leaving Portland

So happy for my husband and his new job (which we expected would come years from now, if at all)

So looking forward to being near so many family members and friends in Salt Lake City

We leave in a month

Life moves fast

We are definitely taking a piece of Portland with our (Alexandria) hearts to Salt Lake.

Now I just need everything to go well with the sale of our home here and find a new place to live…

Sewing might be minimal for the next few months. Much like the last 12 months…

That’s life, I guess!

1. Nancy E.
    Posted February 25, 2015 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

Best wishes!

2. Posted February 26, 2015 at 9:31 am | Permalink

Oh how FUN!! and a bit stressful making that big move. I live just outside of Salt Lake and have to say that it is not too shabby living here :) Although, Portland is a fantastic place too for sure. We are moving too but it is very close by so I won’t even begin to compare apples to apples. Good Luck and maybe our paths will cross here in Utah.

3. lindsey
    Posted February 26, 2015 at 10:41 am | Permalink

Good luck!

4. Karen
    Posted February 26, 2015 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

I have a bumper sticker that says “The only constant is change”. As exhausting as it can be, change is an always an adventure! I’m so happy you will be moving closer to family to make the transition smoother. And congratulations to your hubby on the new job!

5. Pat
    Posted February 26, 2015 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

Good luck on your move and congratulations on the new job. I’m moving close-by in a few days but it has been three months since I’ve sewed anything. I can definitely relate!!

6. Posted February 26, 2015 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Awesome! My son lives in Salt Lake City. The mountains are so beautiful around there. Daughter wants to leave Virginia and move out west too. So my husband and I will probably end up out west ourselves when we retire from working for Uncle Sam in the Washington DC area. Good luck and have fun!

7. Posted February 27, 2015 at 9:08 am | Permalink

I hope your move is fast and easy, and that you are settled again soon.