I am so excited to share more information about the Summer Sampler 2016
, a 20 block subscription “Block-of-the-Week,” which is officially available for pre-sale today. Faith, Lee, and I have been working hard behind the scenes for a few months, and now we are finally to the fun part!
Isn’t the quilt beautiful?? I can’t wait to dust off my sewing machine and get to sewing (and sharing #summersampler2016)
– Fully tested PDF instructions with step-by-step illustrations for each week’s block
– Quilt Mockup Coloring Sheet
– Each week includes a digital mock-up of a quilt layout using that particular block
– Three sampler layout options, delivered at the end of the subscription, with fabric requirements and instructions for each
– Access to subscriber-only FB group to interact with other quilters and the designers
Block Delivery – Each Monday for 20 weeks, participants will receive an email with a link to download that week’s pattern. If someone signs up after the Sampler has launched, they will be able to download the blocks they have missed and then continue to download blocks on schedule.
The first block will be delivered on May 16. The last block will be available on Monday, September 26. Three separate layout options will be available on Monday, October 3.
Each block is 12.5” (12” finished size). We are recommending 20 fat quarters or quarter yards (prints or solid) and at least two yards of a neutral background fabric (prints or solids).
– The pre-sale price is $19.99, which is available now and expires at midnight on Sunday, May 15 (that is only $1 a block!)
If your quilt guild or sewing group is interested in purchasing at least ten copies, please contact me for guild pricing.
We will be hosting a Quilt Along on our blogs and Instagram (#summersampler2016) and hope you will join us! I can’t believe that it has been 5 years since Lee, Faith and I hosted the original Summer Sampler Series. So much has changed in my life since then, and so much has changed in the modern quilting world since then. It was our first foray into modern-traditionalism, followed by our book, Vintage Quilt Revival. It feels good to be getting back to our roots and working together again.
The Sampler includes blocks from 10 different designers, listed below.
We feel fortunate that each of these talented quilters contributed to the Sampler, and we felt it was important to compensate them for their time and block patterns. For more on the importance of supporting designers so that they can continue to design content (both free and paid), check out Lindsay Rhode’s new campaign, May is for Makers
(or click on the graphic below).