Vintage Quilt Revival, the Book!

After what seems like an eternity (but is really only 15 months or so), I am so happy to share that Lee, Faith and I have a book coming out at the end of the year! Vintage Quilt Revival: 22 Modern Designs from Classic Blocksis officially listed on Amazon as of this week.  And yes, you can pre-order it 😉

I have learned so much over the course of the last 18 months, and I feel so fortunate to have worked with Faith and Lee on this project. Who knew that an email I sent in the middle of the night almost 3 years ago that said something like, “hey, uh, would you want to put together a quilt along based on traditional blocks?” would lead not only to friendships I cherish, but also a published book.

Now, what about the book? You may notice that there is a sampler quilt on the front cover (which happens to be mine. Imagine my surprise!) In Vintage Quilt Revival, the blocks are actually the star of the show. We aren’t allowed to share very much yet (November/December is a long time off!), but there are 22 projects that use a traditional block in an innovative, unexpected or updated way.

I can’t wait to show you more!

This entry was posted in Favorite Things, Patterns, Quilts, Vintage Quilt Revival and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted March 14, 2013 at 11:44 am | Permalink

No wonderful! Congratulations. I love traditional patchwork and quilting done in fresh and modern ways. Looking forward to the book!

• Posted March 14, 2013 at 11:45 am | Permalink

HOW wonderful, not no! Stoopid autocorrect (and my fat fingers!)

2. Posted March 14, 2013 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Congrats Katie!! How exciting!! Fantastic!! Can’t wait to see it. You three are such a great team I am sure it will be fantastic!!

3. Posted March 14, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

Congratulations!! I’m so excited for this to come out!! You are all so talented so I know this book is going to be awesome!

4. Posted March 14, 2013 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

So awesome! Congratulations to all three of you! The cover is just lovely, you definitely should be proud :)

5. Posted March 14, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Congratulations Katie. It looks very interesting. I will be preordering it for sure.
    Linda F.

6. Posted March 14, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

Congrats! That’s very exciting and it looks & sounds great!

7. Posted March 14, 2013 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Wow! Congratulations! I like the concept of the book – sounds interesting!

8. Posted March 14, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

Seriously excited for you guys! Can’t wait to see the book!

9. Posted March 14, 2013 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

Congrats! This is amazing news and the book looks lovely!

10. Posted March 14, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

Here’s a huge high-5 coming your way! You are all so fantastic!! The quilt is gorgeous and I know the book is going to be successful. Gotta love those middle of the night emails :-)

11. Posted March 14, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous and how exciting! Congrats to you Katie–I think the Summer Sampler series is one of my all-time favorite quilts, but this one on the cover is giving that one a run for its money. :)

12. Posted March 14, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Congrats! I’m so excited for you guys, can’t wait to see the book in person! =)

13. Posted March 14, 2013 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

Congrats Katie! The cover quilt is gorgeous and I’m sure the rest of the book is too :)

14. Posted March 14, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Such a beautiful quilt on the cover . . . makes me anxious to take a look inside. Congratulations!

15. Posted March 14, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

This helps explain all the stress you have been under. You are in such good company with Faith and Lee. I just pre-ordered. Congratulations!

16. Posted March 14, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

It’s going to be amazing I’m sure!
    (and timely I think — this is my favorite branch in modern quilting too)
    Congratulations and I can’t wait to see the quilts inside!

17. Posted March 14, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Looks brilliant! Congratulations!

18. Posted March 14, 2013 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Timing is everything! I just learned about you and your blog this week. I can’t wait for the book and I’ve pre-ordered it. Thanks so much for sharing your work!

19. Posted March 14, 2013 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

congratulations! I can’t think of a better group of women who deserve such success! Blessings! Carin from Margaret’s Hope Chest

20. Posted March 14, 2013 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

How exciting! Congratulations to all of you!! I cannot wait to see more, but I know it’s going to be great, so I’m on my way to pre-order now. That cover quilt is gorgeous!

21. Posted March 14, 2013 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

This is so exciting! I love your sampler quilt on the cover :) Congratulations!

22. Posted March 14, 2013 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

Good grief, my bee people keep writing books! How exciting & congratulations!

23. Posted March 14, 2013 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

Yayayayayayayay!!!!! Very cool. Congratulations.
    E xx

24. Posted March 14, 2013 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

So exciting for you guys! Congrats!

25. Posted March 15, 2013 at 12:40 am | Permalink

I’m so happy for you, Katie! Yay!

26. Posted March 15, 2013 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Wow this is huge news! I love the concept! Congratulations!

27. Posted March 15, 2013 at 9:26 pm | Permalink

congratulations! Can’t wait to see more.

28. Posted March 15, 2013 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

Love the cover! So excited to see it. So proud of all of you!

29. Posted March 16, 2013 at 7:12 am | Permalink

Yay, yay, yay! I’m so excited 😀 I know this was so much work, and I can’t wait to own a copy of my own. Congratulations to you all!

30. Posted March 20, 2013 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

I’ve been meaning to come here to congratulate you all week! Very big congrats to you and Lee and Faith! I can’t wait to see the book. I bet it will be awesome!

31. Jenny
    Posted March 27, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Katie, you’re awesome! And that is one BEAUTIFUL quilt of yours on the cover! So, so happy for you!

32. Posted March 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

Congrats, congrats, official congrats! But I have to say, I think it’s been on Amazon awhile now. I knew I remember seeing the cover before and when I clicked your link and went to add it to my wishlist, it told me I already had it on there! By “wishing” it again, you’re now at the top of my list (not that you weren’t already!)