Meet the “Vintage Quilt Revival” Quilts: Cut Glass Baby Quilt

Cut Glass Baby Quilt from Vintage Quilt Revival Meet the Vintage Quilt Revival Quilts: Cut Glass Baby Quilt

Introducing the Cut Glass Baby Quilt from  Vintage Quilt Revival. Meet the Vintage Quilt Revival Quilts: Cut Glass Baby Quilt

In very exciting news, the books are available a few weeks early! I should have my shipment in a few days (I will be selling them here, just in case…), which means they should also be coming to quilt shops and online retailers near you soon! I don’t think I could use enough exclamation points to illustrate quite how happy I am!!!

I really loved making this quilt, even more so once it was done. Does that happen to anyone else out there?  Cut Glass is paper-pieced. It is also one of the more advanced quilts in the book, but only because you need to be a bit particular as you sew the different segments together. If you know how to paper piece, you should have no problems! And if you don’t know how to paper-piece, then you can learn from the quick paper-piecing primer included in the book and written by Faith.

Cut Glass 2 1024x682 Meet the Vintage Quilt Revival Quilts: Cut Glass Baby Quilt

I especially enjoyed switching up the quilting a bit on this one–it added really interesting texture and also helped bring out the secondary pattern, which is kind of the point of this quilt.

I could be wrong, but it looks like Lee has started a Cut Glass quilt based on last week’s post in her popular WIP Wednesday series. I can’t wait to see it! And I may say this about every quilt, but you really need to check out Sugar Snow if you haven’t. The pattern! The quilting! (That Krista Withers is pretty incredible).

Thanks for sharing in my excitement, and check out Faith’s post on Friday.

This entry was posted in Patterns, Quilts, Vintage Quilt Revival and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted November 27, 2013 at 9:17 am | Permalink

So beautiful! I love the quilting; the texture really adds the beauty of the design. Gorgeous color choices. Your photography is also wonderful–very pretty staging!

2. Posted November 28, 2013 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

fabulous:! love this so much!

Posted November 30, 2013 at 12:11 am | Permalink

Thank you!

3. Posted December 3, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

This is beautiful! The secondary pattern adds so much life and interest :)

Posted December 3, 2013 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

Thank you! And thanks for stopping by.

4. Posted December 7, 2013 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

This is gorgeous Katie!!

5. laurie R
    Posted March 10, 2014 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

HI I am having a really hard time making this quilt. There aren,t enough directions on how to lay out the pieces! The paper piecing instructions are confusing. Help.Thanks Laurie

Posted March 10, 2014 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Hi. Thanks for your note. Can you send me an email at swimbikequilt at gmail dot com and I should be able to help you out. Also, please let me know if paper piecing in itself is causing confusion or just in this case. Thanks.

6. Katherine
    Posted September 8, 2014 at 9:02 am | Permalink

I have your book, Vintage Quilt Revival. Our modern quilt group is doing Block of the Month with it. I list the CD. Is there some place I could go and get another one? Thank you.

Posted September 8, 2014 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

hi– I’m so glad your quilt group is using Vintage Quilt Revival for a Block of the Month. Because Interweave owns the rights to the CD, I’m not able to send you the files/don’t have any cds to send. You could try contacting someone at Interweave, but my guess is that you would have to purchase the book (or an e-copy of the book, on amazon for example) to access the files. I’m sorry I can’t be of more help.

One Trackback